Honored Contributor

MIma, I know right?  I found it out by accident and take full advantage of it now!  Smiley Happy

I got my extra large Breville oven for a bit over $200.  I pounced on it when I saw the price!

Respected Contributor
Lol! I DO love that WP rice cooker! BOTH of them!

I got my Breville oven from Overstock, in fact I get a lot of stuff on Overstock.com

Remember that when you are looking for kitchen stuff, they have quite a bit....
Honored Contributor

Re: Love my Instapot!

[ Edited ]

Oh I LOVE Overstock! . . . a lot of my living room came from them.  Been shopping there for years.  I bounce between them and Amazon when I am looking for something.  And great customer service!

I don't think I ever saw a Breville on Overstock . . . time to rev up the search engine again . . . Smiley Happy

ETA:  And you KNOW I love my WP rice cooker!  You gave me that great advice about tossing tater tots in the bottom when making breakfast . . . genius!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh I LOVE Overstock! . . . a lot of my living room came from them.  Been shopping there for years.  I bounce between them and Amazon when I am looking for something.  And great customer service!

I don't think I ever saw a Breville on Overstock . . . time to rev up the search engine again . . . Smiley Happy

ETA:  And you KNOW I love my WP rice cooker!  You gave me that great advice about tossing tater tots in the bottom when making breakfast . . . genius!

What are you cooking that you toss the TT in the bottom?  Sounds interesting.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

There are several people on this board that just love their Wolfgang Puck rice cooker.  It's the perfect size for making smaller portions and there is a great cook book that you can purchase to go along with it.

I make breakfast in it almost every single day.  My favorite is throwing some potatoes in the bottom (hashbrowns, tater tots, whatever you have on hand) and then I add an egg or two, onions, cheese sometimes and then either ham or bacon.  Hit the switch and you have a fabulous breakfast in no time and the clean up is quick and easy!

You can also make oatmeal in there (I even made steel cut oats that I soaked overnight to speed up the process).  It took a while but I was patient and they came out really well.

Respected Contributor
Oh, I clean out my freezer into my WP rice cooker, I will layer the last few tater tots from the bag on the bottom, then maybe some frozen peas,or broccoli,or sliced mushrooms,a few of the grandkids chicken nuggets or even ground beef or turkey....top with a little cream of? Soup that I mix a little sherry into, top with cheese, and voila!

You really can put anything, but tater tots on the bottom so they get crispy!
Respected Contributor

Ok....I don't have the WP rice cooker.  Could I do this with the tator tots in my Instapot?  What setting would I use?  Of course, I know I wouldn't be able to use the pressure cook setting. 

Hmmmm....I might have to look into the WP rice cooker.  I've never seen it nor have I seen it presented.  I don't watch shopping channels much anymore.

Going to go look now.

Honored Contributor

Oh MIMA, you must give some serious thought to the WP rice cooker!  It is pure genius I tell you!

I just made delicious rice in it (it does that beautifully) but if you are cooking for one or two it's perfect.  And I would also highly recommend getting the corresponding cookbook.  I never pay retail for a cookbook and it killed me to do it but it was the best money I have ever spent.

Wait until WP is back on the other channel.  He was just there I think last week or so.  If you wait, you can probably get it with free S&H plus some folks are thinking there may be another version of the cooker coming.  A lot of us have two or more, just in case we wear one out . . . Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Oh and actually answer your question (got a little ahead of myself there) I don't know if you would cook that kind of stuff in the PC because you have to add liquid or if you use the browning setting I think that would be too hot and you would have to stir it constantly.

Like I said (and MotherTrucker said too) you literally just dump stuff in the WP cooker and hit the switch.  Super easy.

Respected Contributor

MTC, I was just looking at them.  There is a portable one for $25 plus shipping.  I signed up for emails so I could get it for 15% off.

Is the portable one big enough for 2 people?

When I was looking at recipes, it doesn't really have times.  How do you time something for a meal.  Like if we are going to eat at 7 pm, what time do I start the rice?  How do you find out how long to cook things?  Does the cookbook address this?

I know nothing about rice cookers.  Thanks!