Respected Contributor

I was the poster that was concerned about the SS interior sticking.  And then on the first use I got a rust spot on the inner pot.

They sent me a new pot and didn't make me send the rusty one back.  The second pot has been used a bunch and no rust.   Evidently the first pot was defective.  Oh...also, no sticking or burning on the bottom!  I can't believe it.

I have used the PC so much and I am in love with it.  It is superior to the two PCs that I had before that quit after a years use.

I love to cook rice in it!  I'm used to minute rice.  LOL

Today I used the delayed timer to have greenbeans, bacon, onions and potatoes ready for lunch when I got home from work.  It worked perfect!!!!

I'm so happy.  I literally use my PC probably 5 times a week.  I hope this one lasts more than a year.

Sorry this is bolded.  I did it accidently and now can't undo it.

Honored Contributor

Oh  MIMA I am so pleased this worked out in the end!  I just love mine too and felt bad that you had a bad first experience.  Again, I could not believe the difference between my original PC and the InstantPot!

Respected Contributor

MTC,  Yes, it is better than my other PCs.  How could that be?  I don't know. 

Today was the first time I used the delayed timer.  That was kind of risky since I didn't read the directions and I left the house for work.  LOL  Oh well, it worked great.  I will use that feature more now.  It's pretty handy.

I'm not sure what I'm cooking tonight yet, but it is all washed up and ready to go.

BTW, do you put yours in the DW?  I don't think I want to because I want to keep it shiney looking.   But I'm lazy.  LOL

I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Honored Contributor

A dishwasher?  Here?  Nope.  Don't have a dryer either and while I'm at it I still have a . . . wait for it . . . ROTARY PHONE . . . Smiley Happy

I always just wash it as soon as it cools and dry it thoroughly.  I am just beyond thrilled at how well it cleans up.

I hate to be such a fan-girl of this thing but I really didn't have any kind of luck with my original CE cooker so this really made me feel so much better that maybe it wasn't me (because to put it bluntly normally it is).

Super Contributor

Yay I'm so glad. I LOVE my instant pot. Its wonderful for cooking beans from scratch... among other things!!

Super Contributor

The instapot is somewhat infamous in the "vegan world".

Respected Contributor

I've not used it as a slow cooker yet.  Has anyone else?  I think I will try steel cut oats next.  I'm having so much fun with it.

Respected Contributor

How nice of you to come back iwth an update! I wouldnt have dreamed  it would be something I might want-, sinceI already have a PC..but I think I will take another look at it now...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Love my Instapot!

[ Edited ]

Mima, I've never used it as a slow cooker.  To be honest, I am so thrilled with just using it as pressure cooker I really haven't looked much further but reading reviews it appears it does a great job with steel cut oats.

Mothertrucker, while it is no WP rice cooker (j/k) it really is a great appliance.  I am normally a bit skeptical of rave reviews (especially so many of them) but I have to say my food comes out better when I use the InstantPot.

I got mine from Amazon and what I do is when I want something but a: have time and b: don't like the current price is place it in my cart and then move it to items to be purchased later.  Amazon moves prices all the time and if they know you are interested they may offer it to you at a great price (that's how I got my Breville oven).

I was lucky to get my InstantPot as one of their lightning daily specials and it was worth waiting for.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Mima, I've never used it as a slow cooker.  To be honest, I am so thrilled with just using it as pressure cooker I really haven't looked much further but reading reviews it appears it does a great job with steel cut oats.

Mothertrucker, while it is no WP rice cooker (j/k) it really is a great appliance.  I am normally a bit skeptical of rave reviews (especially so many of them) but I have to say my food comes out better when I use the InstantPot.

I got mine from Amazon and what I do is when I want something but a: have time and b: don't like the current price is place it in my cart and then move it to items to be purchased later.  Amazon moves prices all the time and if they know you are interested they may offer it to you at a great price (that's how I got my Breville oven).

I was lucky to get my InstantPot as one of their lightning daily specials and it was worth waiting for.

Wow, I didn't know that.  I buy a lot from Amazon.  Thanks for the info.!