Honored Contributor

Love my Hover Cover, but....

I got one on the big "A" website for $8.

I hate when they offer sets of two.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I have one microwave and only needed one cover.

In any case, I highly recommend it.

BTW, my microwave does not have a metal "ceiling", so we just leave it sitting in there all the time.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Love my Hover Cover, but....

I bought Lori's set and one of them caught on fire.  I am lucky the fire did not travel up through the house.  Reviews for this set show that a lot of people have had the same experience.  

Honored Contributor

I bought a Nordicware Spatter Cover from Wal-mart for around $2.

It comes in handy. When I reheat certain foods I throw a wet paper towel over the food plus the cover. It helps keep the food from getting dry. 

That's pretty much all we use our microwave for is reheating food.

Now that I have an air fryer I use it to reheat a lot of things.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I bought Lori's set and one of them caught on fire.  I am lucky the fire did not travel up through the house.  Reviews for this set show that a lot of people have had the same experience.  

@sashamatthews 

Wow never thought of the cover catching on fire. That's scarry.

Esteemed Contributor

Bought them - tried them - threw them in the trash.

Honored Contributor

I bought for my older lady friend who uses her microwave daily...junk☹️.  It tipped somehow in cooking process (maybe when carousel turning) and the bowl spilled in her microwave ...what a mess😤😡

I went to dollar tree bought her 2/$1 plate covers for microwave...

Honored Contributor

We haven't had any problem with ours, but I don't cook in the microwave - reheat only. I often have to soften butter and if I don't get the timing right, it makes a huge mess. The Hover Cover prevents that, but I will consider myself warned about the fire hazard. Yikes!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  I bought the set the last time it was on sale and free shipping. But, we only use one. And, yes, you have to clean it often. It is easier to clean it than cleaning the whole microwave. But we surely didn't need the other one. I'm going to bequeath it my office microwave when I leave.

Honored Contributor

I've used a cover called a "Piggy Steamer" for many years.  It works well.  Think I bought it for about $15 at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat---so glad I read your post !! Really llike the idea of the hover cover but I don't have a metal interior in my m/w either---will check out AMZ . would like one to sit inside too.