Frequent Contributor

Looks like maybe...but not sure 1.5 C Rice cooker, also bag and cookbook

So I was looking at the other shopping network and looks like they maybe offering the 1.5 Cup wolfgang Puck rice cooker and a bag and a cookbook with recipes for that particular cooker this weekend. The rice cooker is not posted yet. Anyone get early news from that site regarding TSV's etc? I like my 1.5 C rice cooker and would love to have another one as i like making smaller portion servings for quinoa, rice and other recipes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looks like maybe...but not sure 1.5 C Rice cooker, also bag and cookbook

i would want a rice cooker larger than 1.5 cups.......maybe at least a 5 cup. his rice cookers are an excellent buy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

For me the 1.5 makes 3 cups of rice and that is plenty. I saw the rice cooker it is a new design with handle and comes with 20 recipes. So I like that idea to have recipes for smaller portions. It says sold out but I guess they are preparing for maybe TSV for it tomorrow. The rice cooker is the one appliance that I too like from Wolfgang Puck....just wish the inserts were SS.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 iQue said:

For me the 1.5 makes 3 cups of rice and that is plenty. I saw the rice cooker it is a new design with handle and comes with 20 recipes. So I like that idea to have recipes for smaller portions. It says sold out but I guess they are preparing for maybe TSV for it tomorrow. The rice cooker is the one appliance that I too like from Wolfgang Puck....just wish the inserts were SS.

you are probably right......especially since the bag comes in a ton of colors.

i generally make dinner for 5-6 people each night so the smaller rice cooker at 1.5 cups would not be useful. i do see that he has the 10 cup available and i may get that one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We use ours a LOT and we have a bigger Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy cooker we use too. But for one meal for two people, this is perfect, and even more than we usually need. I LOVE mine and even bought a second when they got hard to find.