Occasional Contributor

Looks like Temptations took a lot of people!

[ Edited ]

How many people bought the Temptatations Squovol 21 piece set as a TSV on Temtations day. That was not mre than than a mere 4 months ago . The price for the TsV was $69.95 . I thought ok it's on sale. Yesterday on ITKWD they had in for $54.00! I was so mad I called CS and said I was appalled because when presented they said it was the lowest price they would ever have it for and felt I was taken. ( along with the other 70.000 people who bought it) They did agree to refung me the differnce but what about all the others who did not notice this, didn't see yesterdays show.Tara...You should feel ashamed.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Looks like Temptations took a lot of people!

A similar occurance happened to me this week on a couple of Dooney bags I purchased here at the Q.  As I surfed through my order statuses, I noticed that a couple of the bags I ordered were $12.95 and $11.91 lower than when I bought them--not a huge deal---however, I contacted the Q via Live Chat and a very courteous representative gave me the price adjustment. What's interesting is that those two bags are marked up again right now by about $12 each. 

Respected Contributor

I bought that set too. I don’t remember anyone saying it was the lowest price it would ever be. I bought them to use for Thanksgiving so waiting for a clearance price wouldn’t have worked.

I don’t feel at all taken by Tara, but you do you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinytears16

IMO your subject line is referring to Temptations vendor vs Q who lowered the price.  I believe QVC sets the pricing based on contract with vendors.

Honestly, I feel that was quite nice of Q to refund/price adjust after 4 months.  I can't tell you how many times over the years I've bought something at a higher price and then it's reduced.  Most likely Q has a over abundance of them in their warehouse & need to get them "sold".

I don't know of any brick & mortar store after 4 months would refund you the difference.  (Different story if product is defective).

Quite frankly, from the subject line I thought this post was regarding quality, breakage, etc. about Temptations as that seems to be the complaints myself included!

Instead of bashing Temptations or Q I suggest you be grateful you received a refund for price differential.

FYI: This set is $77 today so if yesterday it was $54 then that was a "true" statement because normally when they run a quick price reduction it's usually during the show & is the lowest price it'll be for the next 6 months.   This has been happening a lot on ITKitchen shows -- I saw every color is available so obviously they need to sell a lot! 

Trusted Contributor

@Tinytears16 wrote:

How many people bought the Temptatations Squovol 21 piece set as a TSV on Temtations day. That was not mre than than a mere 4 months ago . The price for the TsV was $69.95 . I thought ok it's on sale. Yesterday on ITKWD they had in for $54.00! I was so mad I called CS and said I was appalled because when presented they said it was the lowest price they would ever have it for and felt I was taken. ( along with the other 70.000 people who bought it) They did agree to refung me the differnce but what about all the others who did not notice this, didn't see yesterdays show.Tara...screwing customers is a no no. You should feel ashamed.

The vendors don't have anything to do with pricing.  If you got refunded your $15 after four months, then what's the problem.

Honored Contributor

The Q is really good about price refunds, if you catch it they will refund you, they don't want the item back. That happened to me with jewelry and it was like a 38 dollar difference in the sale price. I had just received the bracelet and I was watching a JR show and they had the bracelet at a deep discount. I called during the show and told the CS person my story and she credited my account for the difference. After 4 months, well that was a gift to the OP IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC salespeople state TSVs are the lowest price EVER, and then add for the next __ months in a very low voice.  Stop hyping the EVER if it's not true.  Stop the misleading sales pitches...

Respected Contributor

No, that’s the pitch with one day only prices but not with TSV’s.
Valued Contributor

@Tinytears16  I wish I called for a refund after getting the canon TSV.They made it  a TSV like 4 times that year with lower prices each time. That's messed up.

Respected Contributor

I dont really understand the cmplaint..You bought something on sale, at what you considered to be a good price, a bargain..you have had it for 4 months, presumably you are happy with it.  So I would say you made a successful purchase-

Now the retailer offers it at a lower price than what you paid, which they are well within their "rights"to do- Obviously they are OK with making less profit today...You are angry at what? That someone else will also enjoy their purchase and they paid LESS than you did? That is called smart shopping, not conspiracy..

QVC refunded your money, and you STILL complain? I really dont get it..

Hey, I paid $4 a gallon for gas last week, this week it is only $3.91..Maybe the gas station will give me a refund...?