Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for suggestions on burnt pot i love

What about bio cleaner paste? My other thought is Dawn (original blue) dish liquid. I use that stuff on everything. Put some drops over the area and just a little water to distribut it over the entire bottom of the pan. Let it sit for a day. Change the water and repeat if needed. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

@newme1 

Learned this trick long long time ago & it has worked everytime!

Especially on graniteware and enamelware pieces.

Fill 1/3 way with warm water, ADD 2-3 drops of DAWN (or any liquid dishwashing soap) THEN ADD 1 "BOUNCE" DRYER SHEET.

Bring to boil, let simmer about 10 min. (watching water doesn't evaporate) and then let cool -- then wash as normal.

The burnt on stuff will literally "fall off" or maybe need a little "nudge" - I use the Scrub Daddy.

Hope this helps I know it works cuz I just did it with my large enamel roaster!

Contributor

Thank you everyone for your ideas.  I've written down some things I haven't tried.

The pot is porcelin enamal not non stick Teflon inside and I checked out Bar Keepers friend and nothing on label states ok for porcelin.  

I have tried to contact Farberware and it goes to another company that handles many companies.  The waits were way too long.  i might dig around for another number.

I previously had a Farberware set that lasted 15 yrs and was anodized aluminum. 

I wanted something colorful this time and my has just bummed me out.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newme1 

fyi: I used to sell kitchenware line -- this trick with the "dryer" sheet was specifically to be used on enamelware (porcelain interior) inside of pots & pans.  Not teflon coated cookware.

It's not recommended to use any scouring cleansers, including BarKeepers or SoftScrub.

Honored Contributor

If your cookware still carries a warranty, you may be able to receive a new replacement at no cost. You can check to see if your cookware is still covered by submitting a warranty claim online by first registering at our support page at https://bit.ly/2B5ErYj. Should you have any other questions or need assistance with our online warranty claim process, feel free to speak to our Consumer Relations experts by calling 800-809-7166, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm PT (Pacific Time), excluding holidays. You can also "chat" with them by visiting our support page at http://bit.ly/2j7qeUC.