Contributor

Looking for suggestions on burnt pot i love

I bought a Farberware set of pots and pans about 4 months ago and I love them.

They are Speckle lavender, white porcelin enamel inside and i've been good to them.

I accidentally forgot i had noodles boiling and now one has faded grey noodle marks and the bottom and sides are slightly tan.

I tried every you tube i could find.  Baking soda, white vinegar, boil don't boil.  Tiny amt of bleach and let sit in full water.  I've only managed to fade the black to grey and haven't even touched the tan.

Most pot cleaners I found in store are for aluminum or cast iron.  I think this is one of those things where nothing is going to remove them back to the nice white.

I can't even buy a new one because they only come in sets.  Thought I would check here if someone has a magical fix.  lol

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for suggestions on burnt pot i love

How about powdered Bar Keepers Friend?

I love that stuff and use it often! Woman LOL 

dee

Valued Contributor

My first thought was a baking soda paste thinking it might take a few times to clean it. 

Since you tried that,  bar keepers friend is my go to for my porcelain sink.  For a pot I would make sure it's a paste first so it doesn't scratch it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would put one tab of dishwasher soap in the pan with 3/4 full of water.  Boil it and let it cool.  Use non abrasive cleaner and hopefully this helps!

Respected Contributor

@newme1 I usually replace only what I use most often. But if you have a outlet like Odd Lots , or Ollies, you might be best to just throw out the pot and look around. I have found brand names at most outlet stores. Been there with the pan problem, not worth the fret every one makes mistakes . Glad you didn't have a fire from forgetting cooking.

Respected Contributor

V-31232 set of VRe: Looking for suggestions on burnt pot i love

@newme1 I have another idea for you on cleaning your pan , the Q sells a product called GP66 and they were cleaning a griddle pan and an oven door. Maybe it will work for your poor pan . I looked and it is V-31232 set of 2 bttles for $21.16.Best of luck. Heart

Respected Contributor

@newme1   That is a shame.  Most of us have made that mistake with letting a pot go dry.   Is it a regular enamel interior finish or a non-stick Teflon type?  I also think a baking soda and white vinegar solution might work a little.

Have you tried contacting Farberware to see if you could buy one replacement piece, even if this is normally only sold as part of a set?  Failing that, can they suggest how to clean/restore the interior and exterior finish?

Which size pot in the set did you damage?  Maybe someone on e-bay or a similar site might be selling the set at a very reduced price or as individual pieces.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Would tooth paste be gentle enough to try it?

Honored Contributor

cream of tartar in boiling water and turn off let it sit

have used it on burnt stuff on stainless steel and works perfectly, never used on enamel 

Super Contributor

@newme1, maybe the yellow capped oven cleaner. I know that a lot people use that to clean Le Creuset enameled cast iron that is in pretty bad shape. I haven't tried it but I've seen many before and after pictures on Facebook.