Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for set of pots and pans

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I have Revereware and it's doing great.

If I bought again, I'd buy Calphloan.  What's not to like?

My calphalon is not induction compatible..And I am nearly totally using induction these days....

The Update International Super Steel Stainless pans can be used with an induction cooktop or range.

Respected Contributor

I have a bunch of open stock All-Clad that I've picked up over the past 15 or so years at Marshall's, TJ Maxx & Home Goods & I love it.  Most of my saucepans, however are Cuisinart Multi-Clad Pro that I bought separately from Amazon, & I like them a lot & they're a good bit less $$$ than All-Clad. 

Respected Contributor

Here's another one still cooking on Revereware, over 40 years!!  The handles are getting old looking too. They still seem attached well.  I looked at them and don't see how a person could get the old handle off if replacements are available.  Maybe a special tool.  It works well for steaming, heating up food.  But for long, slow cooking like soups, it's difficult to maintain a nice low simmer.  It is lightweight though.

I also have 2 Cuisinart skillets.  The small one is ok, but the big one is very heavy.  It's not a joy to wash.

I have a soup pot, not sure of the name.  It's like cast iron, but orange.  It makes the best soup.

Respected Contributor

If you want durable, stainless is excellent. The finish won't chip or wear off. But I like non stick. I had a set of WMF Stainless for years but it wasn't non-stick. I prefer the Farberware, which are stainless, a good brand, and have non-stick coatings. Best of both worlds. And they aren't ridiculously expensive, either. Well under $100

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have Revereware and it's doing great.

If I bought again, I'd buy Calphloan.  What's not to like?

@bonnielu  @ECBG

We purchased a set of Calphalon several years ago.  It's a great weight, is very easy to clean, heats evenly, and I like the way the lids fit on the pans and pots.  Lids can also be used interchangeably.  I'd highly recommend Calphalon.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Handles, discolored, ugly, and have a slight wiggle.  Pots are fine.  

Valued Contributor

Farberware is great...I have some that is 30 yrs old and has held up extremely well. You won't ever have to replace this set!

Honored Contributor

I like my red Paula Dean set. Got it at Penny's quite awhile ago.