Esteemed Contributor

Looking for set of pots and pans

I have an old set... still going strong however handles are starting to wear. This will date me but I got my set when I got married.... never replaced.. stainless steel, copper bottom RevereWare.  That ought to date me.  In any case so many choices.  

I would like something that will hold up... Thinking abouit what the Q and HSN sells but am not sure. I could go into a local department store but we really don't have any unless I want to travel.  I did get one or two Teflon pieces but did not like them and they are long worn out and gone.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Rachael R, Emeril, not sure.  

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for set of pots and pans

@bonnielu wrote:

I have an old set... still going strong however handles are starting to wear. This will date me but I got my set when I got married.... never replaced.. stainless steel, copper bottom RevereWare.  That ought to date me.  In any case so many choices.  

I would like something that will hold up... Thinking abouit what the Q and HSN sells but am not sure. I could go into a local department store but we really don't have any unless I want to travel.  I did get one or two Teflon pieces but did not like them and they are long worn out and gone.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Rachael R, Emeril, not sure.  

@bonnielu

My husband and I bought Curtis Stone, (hsn) when it was on special.

Honored Contributor

I bought an Emeril set as a TSV and I like them, but I don't love them. The lids are glass with metal handles and the lid handles get really hot. The handles on the pots also get hot. I can't do anything without remembering to grab a pot holder. Aside from that, I do like them. So if you're already used to that, they may be a good option for you.

Honored Contributor

I have 50 year old Farberware...........I don't quite understand what you mean by "the handles are starting to wear".    Are they loose?   Burned?    Possibly they can be fixed.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several sets of cookware and Revere Ware is one of them.  I got a whole set when I first married (dating me, I know), but it is the best cookware!

I own pieces of T-Fal, Anolon, Farberware, Emeril, Todd English and expensive All Clad. Would you believe my favorite is Revere Ware and it was made in USA.  I will not let go of it. 

It seems like cookware is just disposable anymore. 

ETA:  I have a Dutch oven that is Wagner Ware and it's excellent and also made in USA.  Not getting rid of that either.  

Trusted Contributor

Wolfgang Puck's (HSN) has been top rated by Consumer Reports for a long time.  You might want to check his sets out and read the reviews as most seem to absolutely love them.

I do think HSN carries a number of excellent brands with the very latest non stick technology and Chef Ming is on today (1-27) with a very good set and event pricing.  The best time to buy any of them is when the Chefs are there live doing shows as they always offer really good pricing for those visits.

I also bought an Emeril set and although I like it well enough, I would not buy it again.  I would much rather have a Wolfgang set, Curtis Stone set, Chef Ming set and others as they all seem to be really excellent cookware.

I believe Evine Live also sells a really good one by another well known Chef whose name is escaping me at the moment.  You will recognize him if you check out their website.

I also personally think Caphalon (spelling??) is excellent and loved the set I had.  Ended up giving it to my DD which I do regret for my sake but she was pursuing a career in food so wanted to give her the best I had.  QVC did have a TSV on that brand not that long ago but have no idea what the price is now.  It is an excellent brand which I can say from experience and that set was bought many, many years ago now so imagine it is even better now.

Lots to choose from these days - also once had the set you own but I personally do think there are better option available now. JMO.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I have my Farberware (SS) for 35 years. I still love them. About 11/2 years ago I bought a few single pcs from William Sonoma online. I love them. They have glass lids and they are wearing well. I bought them on sale. Check them out but wait for a sale. Usually 20% off and free shipping. 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best set of pots and pans I've ever had, and still do, is from Costco. They are nonstick hard anodized.  I've had them five years.  No scratches, nothing peeling, they are great.

I urge you to go to Costco and check them out.

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu---Stick with REVEREWARE.  It is an excellent brand, always has been. Mine 53yrs.-----------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

For a really good price and quality I suggest checking Costco.  If you do not have have one close to you check what is available on Costco.com.