Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a tea kettle ..any suggestions ?

nice one.

Respected Contributor

I am a tea bag girl: I know precious little about it, BUT DD is an aficionado- loves it- knows it's nuances.....I wouldn't be surprised if she takes a class in grading and blending. It might be your level of sophistication etc. But Teavanna offers some really nice kettles-along with tea of course. One year I bought her an electric kettle with variable temperatures. It wasn't cheap, and maybe I have been bamboozled, but she loves it and dutifully swears not all teas are brewed at the same temperatures....what do I know? LOL! Three years later, this expensive pot is still working and for electric appliances these days, that's impressive! Poodlepet2
Trusted Contributor

The most popular electric brand in Great Britain is Russell Hobbs. I was thrilled when I saw one at Macys a few years ago. With a sale and a coupon it wasn't too expensive and is still going strong. I would highly recommend that brand.
Respected Contributor

Don't forget safety!! Buy either an electric pot that automatically shuts off or a teapot that whistles when boils. I received a beautiful one for Christmas and it has no whistle so I will never use it.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with wmsbgshopper--make sure you get one that whistles or shuts off if electric. Other than that, they all do the same thing--boil water. Just pick out one that pleases you and fits your budget.

Honored Contributor

I love my Corelle whistling tea kettle, 10 years old, still looks brand new, matches my kitchen perfectly.

Honored Contributor

For a while the enameled Chantals were all the rage. The big stainless cookware companies have great ones too. I've had All Clad and Calphalon.

Definitely go for the whistle, as others have mentioned.

Valued Contributor

I've had two Le Creseut Tea Kettles over the years and I've been very happy with them.

Respected Contributor

On 1/6/2015 VaBelle35 said:

I have a tiny electric Braun one I bought about 15 years ago and I have relegated it for travel.

I replaced my every day with one from Target. It's the ceramic one. It is super heavy (even when not filled) but it's very pretty on the counter.

I second this one! It is beautiful and electric! I have 3 electric and one stove top. I lover my electric kettles!

Honored Contributor

I love my Le Creuset tea kettle! Now they come in stainless and in two sizes.