Contributor

Looking for a food processor that has a wide mouth feeding tube

Specifically one that will accommodate a medium or large sweet potoato. I have seen the Cuisinart Elemental has a wide mouth, but it doesn't list the size. I've read reviews but no one has mentioned how large it is either.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a food processor that has a wide mouth feeding tube

I have a Kitchenaid which I really like. There is a wide mouth version which was a TSV a while back. I've also seen this brand at BB&B and Kohls. Checkt he QVC inventory first because Kitchenaid has a TSV soon.  

Contributor

Thank you, I will!

Super Contributor

Read the specs

Look for "watts".....the higher the watts, the more horsepower

Also google the model numbers........read the reviews

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Respected Contributor

I've seen several makes as advertised as "wide-mouth" (Hamilton Beach has several), but I think you'd almost have to go to a store to see if it would suit your purposes.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I don't think any of them will fit a large sweet potato whole. Some of those sweet potatoes get quite large around. You could just use a mandoline.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Thanks, I have a mandolin. It works pretty good but still looking for a food processor that will slice a small to medium sweet potato!

Contributor

Yes, thank you. I was trying to avoid running around.

Respected Contributor

I need a second processor for our weekend place-especially with Chanukah coming up. I have a 13 or 14 cup KA that I too, bought when it was a TSV-and I love it. I did look at the Cuisinart, but I really think the KA gives you a lot more bang for your buck. I have not had to do too much prepping to get larger items in the tube, and smaller veggies such as mushrooms are so darned easy: the ability to adjust the thickness of your food is invaluable. With the Cuisinart, you have to rely on discs and there's nothing in between. You also get the dough blade with the KA.....what I would like to find out, is if it's going to be a TSV again, when will it air?

Poodlepet2

Contributor

This Breville model BFP800XL/A (may also not have the "A" on the end) has a "5.5 inch super-wide feed chute reduces the need to pre-cut most fruits and vegetables."

This food processor is not inexpensive ($399) on Amazon.  However, look at the reviews there.  Also it is the top-rated food processor on consumerreports.org.

It's on my wish list at Amazon.