@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Scooby Doo I copied this from @ECBG earlier this month:

Corn Souffle
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2 Cans high quality Whole Kernel corn, drained
2 cans cream style corn
4 Tbsp. sugar (may be slightly decreased)
4 Tbsp plain flour
4 Tbsp Whipping cream or half and half
4 eggs, beaten
Combine all ingredients
Pour into buttered 3 qt baking dish
Bake 1-1 1/2 hours until golden
Doubles well with a 4 qt baker.

@momtochloeThat's actually my very favorite which I couldn't find at the time.  both are good.

@ECBG I am 99% sure this will be the casserole I will be making for Thanksgiving . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloeDon't eat for days, I'm warning you!  I'd rather have this than dessert!!!LOL!!!

@ECBG I almost just snorted my beverage over this warning . . . no worries my friend as I know myself all too well and know if there is a corn casserole within arm's reach it is not safe from my fork (one of the pluses of living alone).  This recipe was such a nice surprise as I am going to try Tyler Florence's cornbread stuffing so I was really searching for one that didn't include the cornbread mix . . . score!

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a corn casserole recipe

My SO's family has a family recipe like the corn pudding but it has a thickened butter sauce to pour over it like gravy.  I'd post it but my SO isn't here and I don't have a copy.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

My SO's family has a family recipe like the corn pudding but it has a thickened butter sauce to pour over it like gravy.  I'd post it but my SO isn't here and I don't have a copy.

@Pook if you ever do get the chance, this sounds delicious and I think a lot of folks would love to have the recipe . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Corn Souffle
2 cans cream style corn
4 Tbsp plain flour
4 eggs, beaten
Combine all ingredients

@momtochloeThat's actually my very favorite which I couldn't find at the time.  both are good.

@ECBG I am 99% sure this will be the casserole I will be making for Thanksgiving . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloeDon't eat for days, I'm warning you!  I'd rather have this than dessert!!!LOL!!!

@ECBG I almost just snorted my beverage over this warning . . . no worries my friend as I know myself all too well and know if there is a corn casserole within arm's reach it is not safe from my fork (one of the pluses of living alone).  This recipe was such a nice surprise as I am going to try Tyler Florence's cornbread stuffing so I was really searching for one that didn't include the cornbread mix . . . score!

Thank you!

@momtochloe,Just remembered, (I've had a lot to think about, SO sorry)  I always use thawed FROZEN corn kernals and rarely use anything canned except for soup)  The difference will be amazing!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Corn Souffle
2 cans cream style corn
4 Tbsp plain flour
4 eggs, beaten
Combine all ingredients

Thank you!

@momtochloe,Just remembered, (I've had a lot to think about, SO sorry)  I always use thawed FROZEN corn kernals and rarely use anything canned except for soup)  The difference will be amazing!

@ECBG I was just making out my final(?) Thanksgiving grocery list and have added frozen corn . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

There is a frozen corn now that is just like it was just scraped off the cob.  I had forgotten about it.  Think I"ll try that on in mine.  You need the creaminess in the dish.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

There is a frozen corn now that is just like it was just scraped off the cob.  I had forgotten about it.  Think I"ll try that on in mine.  You need the creaminess in the dish.

@Zhills,I'll be right over!  Thanks!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Pook if you ever do get the chance, this sounds delicious and I think a lot of folks would love to have the recipe . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe   We love our corn pudding here in the south!  I will post my go to recipe just in case you would like to have it as well.  I only make this at Thanksgiving, but it is really good.  It is a recipe from Southern Living

Tee's Corn Pudding

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons table salt
  • 6 large eggs
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 6 cups fresh corn kernels*
  • Vegetable cooking spray

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
  2. Whisk eggs together in a large bowl; whisk in cream and melted butter.
  3. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
  4. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until mixture is deep golden and set. Let stand 5 minutes.

*6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.

Note: You may substitute 1 (13- x 9-inch) baking dish for ramekins. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes. For testing purposes only, we used 'Silver Queen' corn.

Southwestern Corn Pudding: Stir in 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles and 1/4 tsp. ground cumin.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.  These all look delicious.  I will definitely use these recipes.

Corn is the one thing that everyone will eat.  I try to think of salads to make and I'm told I can't use coconut, marshmallows, sour cream, nuts, apples in salads, berries, and the list goes on.  But they will eat corn and cauliflower.

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@momtochloe   We love our corn pudding here in the south!  I will post my go to recipe just in case you would like to have it as well.  I only make this at Thanksgiving, but it is really good.  It is a recipe from Southern Living

Tee's Corn Pudding

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons table salt
  • 6 large eggs
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 6 cups fresh corn kernels*
  • Vegetable cooking spray

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
  2. Whisk eggs together in a large bowl; whisk in cream and melted butter.
  3. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
  4. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until mixture is deep golden and set. Let stand 5 minutes.

*6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.

Note: You may substitute 1 (13- x 9-inch) baking dish for ramekins. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes. For testing purposes only, we used 'Silver Queen' corn.

Southwestern Corn Pudding: Stir in 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles and 1/4 tsp. ground cumin.

Thank you so much for this @pitdakota!  I have so many new and different ideas as I just love corn and corn casseroles.  I have never seen one with baking powder so I can't wait to try this one . . . thank you again for taking the time to post this! . . . Smiley Happy