Esteemed Contributor

Looking for a Stainless Steel Cookware Set Suggestion for Purchase

Our Safeway stores had a promotion and I got one Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel pot that I  LOVE.  I went looking for the set and the price point seems high since I should have bought it on sale and did not.  It is up $20-$30. 

I am not interested in non stick but I would like a heavy sturdy cookware set.  I am afraid to take a chance.  My set.. original... is still mine and being used after 50 years.  Not making them like that anymore... except the handles (black ) seem worn . (Revereware).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a Stainless Steel Cookware Set Suggestion for Purchase

@bonnielu wrote:

Our Safeway stores had a promotion and I got one Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel pot that I  LOVE.  I went looking for the set and the price point seems high since I should have bought it on sale and did not.  It is up $20-$30. 

I am not interested in non stick but I would like a heavy sturdy cookware set.  I am afraid to take a chance.  My set.. original... is still mine and being used after 50 years.  Not making them like that anymore... except the handles (black ) seem worn . (Revereware).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

@bonnielu  

I have owned a lot of cookware in my 44 years of marriage and what I can tell you is my preference is Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel. Check out his sets on HSN. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny  Thanks so much.  I literally own one set of Stainless and it has outlived all my others... non stick... anodized... whatever.  It could be that Revere Ware just made them right or stainless is the way to go.  This one little pot that I got for collecting coupons at Safeway is outstanding and I went to look for the entire set. Found it on sale... just let the time pass and came back to get it  and the price point was gone.  I started to look and all the rest being offered or sold had a big price tag.  So I thought I would ask here knowing there are lots of people IN THE KNOW.  I will get right on it and take a look.

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu

If you aren't in a huge hurry for it. I would wait until he has a TTV. He has some very nice sets sometimes with utensils and etc. I know the set I have will last the rest of my life Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny  I am going to wait.  I want something that feels sturdy, on the heavy side and will last.  I am not a fan of non-stick.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

You might check out Cuisinart MultiClad Pro stainless, either sets or open stock pieces.  I have several saucepans from this line & I like them a lot.  I got it from Amazon.

I don't have an actual set of any cookware, just pots in the sizes I want.  I've also picked up quite a bit of All-Clad at TJ Maxx, Marshall's & HomeGoods over the years at good prices, too.

Honored Contributor

My Farberware is probably 50 years old..........Looks new.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I've been married almost 40 years and have been through so many sets of cookware! I bought all the cheaper brands and ended up throwing away in a few years because they'd fall apart. I bit the bullet several years ago and invested in two full sets of All Clad. OMG! Your life will change forever! I know I will never purchase another piece of cookware in my lifetime! This cookware is outstanding! Yes, its expensive but I see it as an investment. I threw away and wasted so much money with inferior cookware and I know I will have this always. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE my old Farberware (and a couple pieces of Revereware)............dreading the day i have to replace them.....so i feel your pain!! I don't use non stick either....

I have purchased some of Macy's stainless a couple years

back......not bad...Tools of the Trade.....but not sure if

the stainless sets are offered anymore.....

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu

I didn't recommend non-stick. I recommended Wolfgang Puck's cookware. It's is stainless steel and very heavy duty. I've owned my set for 12 years and it is so easy to clean. In fact it looks as good as when I purchased when I clean it every so often with lemon juice/or vinegar and water. I don't know if Wolf is now offering non-stick, but I can highly recomend the stainless steel. 

Before I purchased this set I owned a set of stainless by LifeTime that I purchased right before I got married, it was very good, but I wanted a larger set. 

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't recommend the non-stick cookware.

@bonnielu wrote:

@Leeny  I am going to wait.  I want something that feels sturdy, on the heavy side and will last.  I am not a fan of non-stick.  Thanks