Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I drink one cup of coffee a day.  Large size from Dunkin Donuts. I like the way their coffee tastes.  Now that I am retired I would like to brew my own coffee.  I don't like the Keurig machines.  I like it really, really hot.  Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a Coffee Maker

Sorry to hear that you don’t like Keurig. I’ve had one for about 10 years.I love it. Since you’re a fan of  Dunken Doughnuts you would love their K Cups.

You can always get a Mr. Coffee machine.They have the small 4 cup version.I used it all the time until I got my Keurig.

Respected Contributor

I have the Hamilton Beach Ensemble 12-cup Coffee Maker in red and love it. You have the option to choose the strength of coffee you like and set the time to automatically make the coffee whenever you choose. I typically drink two, maybe three cups a day but like to have a 12-cup coffeemaker for whenever I have guests.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

another vote for a 4 cup or larger mr coffee coffeemaker. a good cup of coffee and an inexpensive machine. you can buy paper filters or a gold filter.

i dont like coffee out of  keurig.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 yrs ago, I had a 4-cup Farberware - lasted a few months. Then I bought a Hamilton Beach Electric Percolator - lasted a few months. Two days ago, my 2nd Hamilton Beach 12 cup elec. percolator bit the dust after 7 months.

The electric percolators are all made in Asia - probably at the same factories - and are a piece of junk. Faux stainless steel. I've read many bad reviews on the electric percolators and I need a coffee maker badly - as I can't wake up all day on having tea.

I also read bad reviews on the Keurig. Maybe reading this site, I can find a good coffee maker that makes HOT coffee - which tastes good. Does anyone use the Farberware stove-top coffee maker?

Respected Contributor

I have a 12 cup Krups that I've had for at least 4 years and it makes very hot coffee.  I don't know if they make a smaller one but this one I got at BB&B.  Cost about $45.00.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi!  We have a Keurig 2.0 and to me the coffee tastes good, especially the first cup early in the am.  There are some Keurigs that do let you adjust temps.  I also have a French press, mostly used for camping but by the time it is ready to drink it has cooled a bit.  I used to have a Cuisinart Grind and Brew that would grind the beans fresh then brew the coffee.  Did a great job but we didn’t drink enough coffee to make it worthwhile.

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I drink one cup of coffee a day.  Large size from Dunkin Donuts. I like the way their coffee tastes.  Now that I am retired I would like to brew my own coffee.  I don't like the Keurig machines.  I like it really, really hot.  Any suggestions?

If I really liked the DD coffee, I'd just go get that!  Good way to start the day and get going!  

Respected Contributor

Coffee from a Kuerig is dreadful. I would also get a 4 cup drip coffee maker if I were you. For me, that’s only 2 cups.
Honored Contributor

MELITTA One-Cup Pour-over Coffee Cone   

♥Surface of the Sun♥