Honored Contributor

Looking For Awesome Steak Knives!!!!

DH uses steak knives often for many things, but they might be 20 years old!  Tonight we were sawing grilled short ribs.  I thought "this shouldn't be happening".

Any suggestions 🤔?  Many thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking For Awesome Steak Knives!!!!

Go on Amazon, check out " steak knife sets", start with "Amazon's Choice", check out the reviews ( hundreds, if not thousands).  Purchase and use in 2 days.

Honored Contributor

oldies but goodies.....CUTCO table knives or steak knives.

they are not cheap, but i began collecting them before i got married and now have a nice set. i use them for so many things other than just steak. made in the usa.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

oldies but goodies.....CUTCO table knives or steak knives.

they are not cheap, but i began collecting them before i got married and now have a nice set. i use them for so many things other than just steak. made in the usa.

I agree 1000% about CUTCO. Also like you I started before I got married & have a very nice set.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking For Awesome Steak Knives!

I agree with @sunshine45  Cutco knives are awesome. If you can swing it get the bagel cutter it's fabulous. I think they market it as a peanut butter spreader but it cuts bagels beautifully. 

Esteemed Contributor

Another one for Cutco. Expensive but you'll never need another set. 

Respected Contributor

Mine came from IKEA.
Honored Contributor

I had a set of Chicago Cutlery knives for 20 years. I finally needed new so searched for a good brand. I finally bought a really nice set, expensive. They're horrible compared to my old cheaper Chicago Cutlery knives.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Like so many others, I would recommend Cutco.  I got mine at least 25 years ago, and they are still sharp and work great.  I use the table knives as steak knives.  I'm not sure they had the steak knives when I bought mine.  I think the table knives were what they recommended for steak knives at that time.

You can use the table knives for so many things.  The Petite Chef, Trimmer and 4" Paring Knife are others that I use frequently.  Cutco is expensive but will last a lifetime.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I like Rada knives. I bought steak knives from Amazon a while back and they were so sharp I cut myself.  Be careful.

I got the ones with black handles that go in the dishwasher.  My one complaint is the knife handle is rather small in scale.  My hands are small so I am OK with them but they may not suit larger hands.