Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking For A Corningware Casserole

[ Edited ]

@4kitties   .. these might be people who are not aware of the value of these pieces.   Everywhere I have looked online .... not just eBay.... they are not cheap.   But it also depends on their condition.   If they are faded or have any chips, etc. the value drops tremendously.   

Respected Contributor

I have gradually repurchased  vintage Corning casseroles with lids in different sizes, after giving them up years ago when I didn't even cook much--obviously back then, I  didn't appreciate  a good thing when I had it.

I think they are the easiest to use and easiest to clean.  I have multiple types by other manufacturers and rarely use them.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector 

All of the ones I have purchased, Spice of Life pattern, are in very good condition, no chips, fading, etc.  and they have lids.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

They are very reasonably priced here in my area.  

I recently bought a 2 quart size, with a lid, in the Calloway pattern.  It is an ivy print on white.  It was only $1.00.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

There is a consignment shop that is in the area and every now and again they will have Corningware. They seem to be reasonable in the pricing. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I love Spice of Life and I have bought many pieces at estate sales, garage sales and flea markets here in Illinois.   I have never paid more than$5.00 for any of them.

Oh RATS, @4kitties 

You just burst my bubble...thought I was gonna make a killing!   LOLOLOL

Honored Contributor

Some people are just plain nuts.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Me too!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Wow, those prices are just insane.  I really wonder if anybody will pay that kind of price.

I have quite a number of pieces from their French White and French Black line, from ramekins to large pieces.  I think that line was really beautiful.

I say 'was' because now the stuff they are making is no longer the pyroceram, rather it's Chinese-made stoneware.   Be sure, if shopping for this line that you get pics of the bottoms.

BTW, I've found new pieces on ebay over the years of the good stuff.  If you see the bottom of a given piece, the pyroceram will be very smooth and shiny with a rounded perimeter around the bottom.  They will say that they are made in the US.

The Chinese-made stoneware is easy to pick out because the bottoms are different, with the perimeters raw as they do with stoneware, and it will say 'made in China' on the bottom.

If you can find the original ones they are just beautiful.  I've had many of mine for more years than I can recall and they still look brand new.  I just wish I had more of the black, as black is my fav color, but the white ones are really beautiful too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have that casserole dish, I wonder if I could sell it for $10K.

Honored Contributor

I've seen these outrageous prices on eBay a lot. Obviously no one is going to pay out those prices for Corning ware. Not sure if someone does it to be funny, if it's a bot, but I never take those type of offers seriously.