Honored Contributor

Looking For A Corningware Casserole

This was certainly a surprise!  With more than one of this particular item on ebay, the price was shocking!!!!

How much do you love your Corningware?

20220526_210710.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking For A Corningware Casserole

I love my cornigware and use it daily...there are collectors on FB who have outrageously big collections. It is a trip down memory lane when they post photos. Of all the patterns, the Spice of Life is my least favorite, so I will pass on the 10k bid😎

Honored Contributor

I bought a 3qt on eBay about a year ago for something like $20-25.  I didn't need the lid.  Just keep looking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Wow!

I have that 3 qt Corningware dish!  If anyone offered me $10,000.00 for it I would sell it in a heartbeat!🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

I have 2.  One is The Spice Of Life and the other is some sort of wheat pattern in blue.  I just needed some casseroles!

Esteemed Contributor

I received the one-quart "Spice of Life" casserole dish from a roommate during a "vintage dishes" swap in college and have been using it for many years even though it doesn't coordinate with any of my other dishes or bakeware. It's the perfect size for a small side of vegetables or microwaving a package of Ramen.  Smiley Wink

I've found that many of those crazy-inflated prices on ebay are placeholder listings that allow the seller to post a lot of items at once and then go back to edit them when they have more time. I wouldn't be surprised if you checked again in a couple of weeks and that same listing has a more reasonable price.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of those wow, what a price items on the bay are actually money in the laundry type of deals.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

P.S. Just for fun, I went to look at the listings on ebay; here are the results when searching for this general item and sorting highest to lowest—there are even crazier options, @ECBG! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought several pieces at a estate sale of the "blue cornflower" pieces:

13x17 open roasting pan      $10

covered casserole w/lid        $ 7

large covered casserole w/lid  $10

BUT went last day of sale they were still there got 50% off..that was my big score at the sale!  They look brand new & use them a lot. I see corning ware at estate sales often certainly not at Ebay prices😳

I'm slowly replacing my off brands & temptations.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG @It is so durable, produces good results, and is easy to clean. My parents had Corning dishes and they're plainplainplain but in 20 years there has been no breakage, and they're lightweight. 

LOVE it for $25. Totally worth it! Not so much for $10,000!!!!😂