Valued Contributor

Long ago cooking show on Cooking channel.

Can anyone tell me what the name of the show from long ago on the cooking channel (before they got so big) was? They went into people's homes and that person would cook something they were noted for. It was on about the same time Paula Deen was going into people;s homes and cooking a meal or dish from what she found in the frig and pantry. I was thinking of this as I make a corn, zucchinni, tomato and cheese skillet dish I got from the show. Wish they could come up with more shows like that. But, I must say I am enjoying the shows more nowadays with the chefs cooking from home and showing family, pets and seeing their own kitchens and backyards as they cook. So much more entertaining than being filmed in a studio.

Super Contributor

Re: Long ago cooking show on Cooking channel.

Door Knock Dinners?

Valued Contributor

That sounds right. Why I want to know? Just remembering the good old days of the cooking channel. Thanks for your great memory on this.Just wish there was a way to bring up those shows.

Respected Contributor

@nomar wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the name of the show from long ago on the cooking channel (before they got so big) was? They went into people's homes and that person would cook something they were noted for. It was on about the same time Paula Deen was going into people;s homes and cooking a meal or dish from what she found in the frig and pantry. I was thinking of this as I make a corn, zucchinni, tomato and cheese skillet dish I got from the show. Wish they could come up with more shows like that. But, I must say I am enjoying the shows more nowadays with the chefs cooking from home and showing family, pets and seeing their own kitchens and backyards as they cook. So much more entertaining than being filmed in a studio.

@nomar  Calling All Cooks

Valued Contributor

Yep! That is the name of the other show. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Probably can find on YouTube

Monke~

@nomar wrote:

That sounds right. Why I want to know? Just remembering the good old days of the cooking channel. Thanks for your great memory on this.Just wish there was a way to bring up those shows.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Cooking Channel bites.  They do not even show how to cook anymore.  Sick of Guy Fieri and his stupid sayings, flavortown, winner, winner chicken dinner.   His bleached hair must have affected his brain.  Need to update your style man.  This channel can be cancelled anytime.