Honored Contributor

Re: Lofthouse Cookies - Are these the same as Cheryl's on QVC?

@RetRN I kind of disagree with you. I only buy Cheryl's when there are variety assortments, never buy the all one flavor with different icing. Sure they cost more but I don't buy them often and never buy the Lofthouse. So it's really just a matter of choice. I wouldn't take the Lofthouse if they were free, just don't like them at all.

Honored Contributor

Just had a "sample" of Lofthouse and cookies friend made...not to my liking.  

I guess I am the "unusual" one they are too chewy, sweet and no real sugar cookie taste.  I'm thinking because they are mass produced & I make better cookies.

Guess I'm a cookie "snob"...lol🙄😉

Esteemed Contributor

Judging by the beautiful pictures of your baking that you post on here.....

You deserve to be a "cookie snob!"

Respected Contributor

They are so similar, both are overly sweet.  If I had to pick, I'd pick Lofthouse for quality and price.  Sometimes you have to have a blast of sweetness.  

The Cheryl's cookies froze and thawed well, I would think Lofthouse would also.  That helps keep sugar intake more manageable.

Trusted Contributor

I've never had Cheryl's cookies, but we have had Lofthouse cookies and they're not bad. I found a good recipe for Lofthouse cookies on Pinterest and tried it. It's become one of our favorite cookie recipes; interestingly, the cookies tend to taste better the day after they're baked. Sometimes I will frost them, but sometimes, I'll just make the frosting and then drizzle it over the cookies.