Respected Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock

[ Edited ]

if you've had no tabs break, I think you should consider yourself lucky..There is a natural thinning where the tab "hinges" ..This seems to be the weak point where  mine have sometimes just snapped off..Most recently,it happened on this set which I had only used twice...Yes over the years, I have my share of "tripod" lids..I don't even TRY to send them back..seems like an exercise in futility.... and no, I do not have superhuman strength, which might cause them to snap...IMG_2110.JPG

Super Contributor

I also have several pieces of Lock n Lock that tabs have broken off.  Most of the time I hand wash but I do put them in the top rack in the dishwasher.  Seems the newer items that I have been receiving in the past year are getting cheaper - tabs breaking easy... Any ideas??? I had a square lock n lock fall out of the refrigerator and broke - not the same as I see on TV...

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I always wonder how others tabs break off. I've owned tons of L&L containers for the last 10 years (?) I use L&L exclusively. Love them. WIth all the many, many years of using these I've never had a tab break, never. And I'm pretty rough with mine. I can't answer on how to get one replaced but I wonder all the time, while reading this forum, how the tabs break. Woman Frustrated

I've never had a tab break off, but I have received a lot of them that leak easily in the last few years, especially the bowls.

I did receive a set a few weeks ago that arrived with tabs broken off right in the box.. That set was really thin compared to my older sets. 

I notice that some sets have a heavier gauge plastic than others. And there doesn't seem to be any way to tell which will be heavier until they arrive. Overall I do see a decline in the quality of their products over the last several years, it just isn't all of them.

I have had a number of them break, after falling out of the freezer. A hard hit on the concrete floor, while they are frozen doesn't end well! LOL. But that isn't Lock and Lock's problem!

Super Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@namaste000 I am curious, did you have to mail the broken one back to L&L before they sent you a new lid?

I have a lot of L&L and only had a few locks break . One when I dropped it from the freezer . I still use it for pantry items that are wrapped. Then another one from the same set cracked . I didn't bother with calling as I figured I would have to pay postage to send it back as with TT's.

I did not have to mail the broken item back - I was happy about that!

Occasional Visitor

Having problems with L&L tabs are breaking on various sizes.  Contacted QVC was given an email to contact them, their website also gave me a phone number, sent email and called a week ago today, still no response.  I will have to think long and hard about pruchasing L&L. I hope QVC starts to look at a substitute or L&L, I realize Chris is the sales person for the brand, but when the brand is not customer friendly or helpful , maybe there is a substitute for this brand.

zi hopr QVC will look into this as they are always stressing customer service is their main priority.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a tab break off once.  I was removing the container from the microwave (top was upside down) and it fell on floor and one tab broke off. Granted, the microwave is above range but they used to toss the containers on the floor when demonstrating and nothing broke; haven't seen that demo done in a while though.Woman Wink