Contributor

Lock n Lock Lady: "You Know What?"

The Lock n Lock lady says, "You Know What?!" way too much. Make it stop!!! Maybe it's a LnL script because Kris Prime said it a lot too but the new lady's Midwest accent combined with overusing the phrase is just ANNOYING!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock Lady: "You Know What?"

We midwesterners don't have an accent.  The rest of you do.  I bet everyone has a verbal tic like this.  Ask your friends, I bet they come up with something you say all the time.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all. We are all unique and different. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lrebetsky wrote:

The Lock n Lock lady says, "You Know What?!" way too much. Make it stop!!! Maybe it's a LnL script because Kris Prime said it a lot too but the new lady's Midwest accent combined with overusing the phrase is just ANNOYING!!! 

That makes two vendors, whose voices, accents, and phrases you don't like. You also know how to make it stop.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. We don't. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

We midwesterners don't have an accent.  The rest of you do.  I bet everyone has a verbal tic like this.  Ask your friends, I bet they come up with something you say all the time.

As a fellow midwesterner, I agree. 

What accent????🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Frequent Contributor

I agree with OP, she is an immediate click.

Respected Contributor

Turn it into a drinking game. Every time she says "you know what" take a drink.

Same with Judge Judy - every time she says "just a second" take a drink.

PS - no accent in the Midwest 

Trusted Contributor

@lrebetsky wrote:

@lrebetsky 

You know what? So What.

We, me, you, them, all have sounds, words, phrases. bodily gestures-

I'll say certain words during conversations and actively mention so, then laugh about it and go on.

I'll talk with my hands so much it looks like I'm signaling an airplane for landing. I try to stop when I'm aware, but it comes right back with the next sentence.

It's me, I'm unique, and so are you, we all are thank goodness. Can you imagine how boring life would be if we all looked, talked, acted alike?

AI anyone?

As for 'Patty, The LocknLock Lady'- she has lengthy LocknLock experience, nice personality,  and I believe there's a correlation between Chris Pryme and Patty- from or grew up in the same area, or have been friends for a long time, so they say the same thing.

I'm sure many people from surrounding areas anywhere have similar sayings.

I'll overlook what bothers me and concentrate on what I'm watching, or turn the sound off. I do for some presentations due to vendor or host. However,  I don't tear down vendors or hosts, or their accents. If I'm interested in a product I'll watch or figure a way to find the info.

About calling out someone's accent....all of the U.S.A.'s various areas have accents, which I find pretty neat. I'm from Ohio but moved to the East Coast while very young. However, I still have some Ohioan accent and certain word use because my parents did.

For years my friends had no idea what I was talking about when I said the words 'Pop and Sucker'.

You 'Heartland, Midwesterners' know what Pop and Suckers are ....😄

💞🐾🐈‍⬛🐶🐾💞

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmm, you seem to think a Midwestern accent is a bad thing. I take issue with that. There are regional accents all across this country and the world.  Appreciate the uniqueness.  

When I was in high school, back in the Stone Age, I had a speech critiqued and the teacher noted my Midwestern accent. Yep, born and raised in Chicago, then the suburbs.  How else would I be expected to sound? 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️