Valued Contributor

I wish this brand would stop with the many many color options from one set to another.  Concentrate on maybe eight colors for every set or piece.  I like opal and sand which are now almost invisible in the warehouse.  My kitchen does not need to look like a box of crayons.

Valued Contributor

Good idea, Gabidog. Some people do like to have a wide variety of colors so how about this idea? L&L could choose a standard set of 6 to 8 colors - perhaps the most popular colors that are sold and then continue to offer 6-8 additional colors that change. That way if you like the "standard" colors you can always get them regardless of the set being sold; if you like a changing variety of colors those are available as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I wish this brand would stop with the many many color options from one set to another.  Concentrate on maybe eight colors for every set or piece.  I like opal and sand which are now almost invisible in the warehouse.  My kitchen does not need to look like a box of crayons.

I would imagine that there are just as many people buying new sets because there IS a new color that they want.  If your lock and lock is all in the fridge, pantry or cupboards, I don't see where having a variety of colors really matters to most people.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Color options may be good for many but I want just one or two neutrals for my kitchen and Lock and Lock at this point does not offer much unless it is clear with that weird blue seal.  Just a suggestion...others may disagree but QVC should consider customer requests.

Respected Contributor

I don't even buy L&L and agree with this.  I was thinking about this earlier -- they have so many new, say, blue shades.  What if you want the blue that was used 4 years ago so you can match?  Out of luck.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lock and lock colors

[ Edited ]

I agree about Lock&Lock's ever spinning color wheel. It's really frustrating for those of us who just want to pick one color and stick with it. You find a color shade you like, start to build a collection and poof, three months later, it's never seen again. I never strayed from the clear lids for years for just that reason until I found crystal blue. My daughter, who prefers neutral kitchen colors, only wants the black so she's shut out of new pieces now. It's frustrating.

I don't mind the concept of rotating new seasonal colors into the rotation to keep it fresh but there should be some core colors that always return, especially for basic pieces and TSVs. A true red, a true blue, etc. There should also be some basic core neutrals for those who want something other than clear but still a neutral color. Black, opal, platinum, golden sand would be good options. Opal and golden sand were colors that kept immediately selling out, surely there would be a continuing demand for those colors and other neutral pieces like that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock and lock colors

[ Edited ]

I do like a variety of colors in each style so that I can build a collection of like colors.  I am beginning a collection  of the plastic and glass containers. I would have preferred the opal or sand as another poster mentioned , however those colors were not offered in the styles I  wanted to buy.  So, I would  like to see the sand or opal besides the clear  and numerous colors offered. All of us have  color preferences so more diversity  in  all colors the merrier for me .

Honored Contributor

I prefer one color for my kitchen.  Of course I started with clear and switched to purple when it became available.  I only buy shades of purple (since that is what they offer--not just one shade).  May be just me, but I will not purchase a color that I do not like for my kitchen.  I use my old  clear (and some old pink)  for "garage items."

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I don't even buy L&L and agree with this.  I was thinking about this earlier -- they have so many new, say, blue shades.  What if you want the blue that was used 4 years ago so you can match?  Out of luck.

A while back when I was watching a show with a L&L presentation I recall remarking - how many shades of blue does there need to be?   

Nothing wrong with blue, but it seems they went wayyy overboard and, like you said, if you want to continue your blue collection you can't because now they only have a new 19 shades of blue!   

Esteemed Contributor

I like having a variety of colors. It really looks nice in my pantry and I assign a different color for different items. All baking items are one color, all pasta, spices, cereal etc. If I have a friend that likes a particular color, having many color options makes gift giving easy.

~~~All we need is Love💖