Respected Contributor

Lock and Lock versions of Cake Taker and Fix n Mix bowl??

Is there a L and L Cake Taker?? My old TW cake holder was big enough to hold a cake or use it as a BIG mixing bowl. Multi-tasker!! It was clear with a white, speckled lid.

Someone called in last night and Chris said they would have a BIG Mixing bowl in June or July. My Mom had a green bowl/clear lid Fix n Mix.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock versions of Cake Taker and Fix n Mix bowl??

Years ago, there was a cake holder. I think it had a handle, too. It is no longer in inventory.

Valued Contributor

They offer this Cake Carrier.

Honored Contributor

I own the Lock n Lock cake taker mallemo has referenced. Mine is red and was ordered thru QVC.
Honored Contributor

What I do is use a large L&L bowl, using the seal as a platform with a couple of parchment rounds and the bowl as the dome. I also have a round cutting board that fits exactly in the seal so I put the parchment atop that, but it's not necessary.

Some time back they had this set that was called a 'salad set'. Now, I cannot imagine anybody might want to serve salad in plastic bowls, but I purchased it because I knew the bowls would be handy. It came with one really large bowl and four small bowls, each the same size. The large bowl in that set is the one I use for cakes. It perfectly fits a layer cake or a bundt cake.

Since I loved that large bowl so much I found it elsewhere and bought two or three more because I really do use it for a lot of things.

I should dig out my old Fix n Mix bowl to see if it's similar in size. I have a yellow one I must have purchased in the 70s in Europe. Probably the L&L bowl is smaller, though. But it's the larges L&L bowl I know of and I have pretty much every size and shape.

Respected Contributor

I went to their web site and found a Salad to Go Container that was 6.3qts/ 25 cups. It is model HSM950 Length is 11.2, Width 11.2, and Height is 8.3. It has a removable bowl insert and divider. It cost $37.99 plus s/h.

On QVC they had a smaller Salad to Go Container that was 17.5 cups, 6-1/4" height x 10" diam. Item number is K40851. It would be a tight squeeze for a 2 layer cake or Bundt Cake. It was $16.50 plus s/h.

Honored Contributor

The bowl I use is Lock & Lock # HSM948. It's a nice size bowl and not so 'roundy' like that one. In other words, the bottom of the bowl is basically flat. Also, the seal doesn't have a handle, so the inside of the seal is also nice and flat so you can lay a cake on it.

I hope all that makes sense. Anyway, they're not as easy to find as they once were. That's a shame. It's a great bowl. I'm glad I have a few of them at this point. I've also seen this size with a handle seal too, but I don't care for that, for how I use it, anyway.

I hope all that made sense. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I was just going to ask what the number was for the item. I'll go back to the site and look for it. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy I looked at it and it was $15.99 plus s/h.

Honored Contributor

Here's what the bowl looks like -

Valued Contributor

On 1/8/2015 RedTop said: I own the Lock n Lock cake taker mallemo has referenced. Mine is red and was ordered thru QVC.

same here..use it for cakes, pies, cookie carrier. Great item & I also got mine from the Q