Esteemed Contributor

My Lock and Lock have lasted a long time.  There are certain foods that will not hold and I am not going to blame Lock and Lock.  I will say that temperature plays a big role in how long these container last or not last.  And I try only to open and close at room temperature.  As for lasting.. I cannot wear them out. Heck ready for a new color and cannot seem to get the  old ones to get all kinds of bad. 

Contributor

The only staining I have had is when I store leftover spaghetti sauce, otherwise I am very pleased when lock n lock.  I have had one lid tab crack, but that is all.  Overall I am very pleased.  This is the only plastic storage I use.  Plus I store my bread in it, plus sugar, flour, etc.  

Valued Contributor

Has anybody had a problem with the L&L sealing with a tight vacuum and hard to open. I have three sets and love them except for the occasional really tight seal and some difficulty opening?

Valued Contributor

I always label everything with the date when I open it or the date when I store it in the refrigerator.  That way I know how long it's been in there.  Also keeps me from not throwing food away that is still good or questionable..

Frequent Contributor

Im another Lock and Lock customer that begs you to not blame the product,.. heck,,I left a chicken salad in my spare fridge, go by for a MIN of 3 wks,.. finally found it and tossed it, but,.. it still smelled fresh.. go figure.

L&L is all I use now, I trashed/gave away my others before it...Im sorry that happened to you tho

Trusted Contributor

Been with L&L for more than 10 years, all the way back to the containers with the microwave containers that had color changing lids that let you know what you reheat was totally heated thru....I still keep buying them, as they are the best that I have found for storage....I have had things in them that would have gone  bad, if not for them......Don't always blame the logical...Woman Happy

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......

Generally we have been very pleased with Lock & Lock.

They have prevented many rows with people (E.g. mother-in-law) who otherwise do not close containers properly.

But after a few year's use we often see whitish deposits on the inside.

They don't come off with washing.

And only poorly with scraping.

So we end up removing them from the kitchen and using in the workshop for non-food itesm.

I think it is more likely to be the plastic decomposing rather than food residue, but I cannot be certain.

Has anybody else had this?

Has anybody worked out what it is?

Trusted Contributor

Pink/Red on top of ricotta cheese means it’s spoiled. 

Super Contributor

@greamy, I occasionally have one stick, and find the back side of a kitchen knife blade wedged between top and bottom, and twisted, opens it easily.

FWIW, I never microwave in mine, never put in dishwasher, and am careful not to put liquid in that could contaminate the gasket. But I live alone, so that's easy.

In fact, I'm moving soon, and may not even set up my microwave, as I'm not sure they're good for food. If you're not supposed to heat up breast milk in them, how good can they be for the rest of our food?

Oops, sorry for going off-topic.

Perhapps you are putting it away too warm. That will cause a vaccum and make it hard to get the lid off. Maybe put it in the frig, with out fastening the lid, for a couple of hours then fasten the lid and see if that works.