Occasional Contributor

My husband microwaved a lock & lock bowl, with some soup, but didn't unlock nor take the lid off.  Now I can't get the lid off at all.  Any suggestions.  thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Make your husband take the lid off.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@caron wrote:

My husband microwaved a lock & lock bowl, with some soup, but didn't unlock nor take the lid off.  Now I can't get the lid off at all.  Any suggestions.  thank you. 

This happened to me. I had to give the L & L to a co-worker (guy) to pull the lid off. The tabs didn't break, fortunately. The vacuum created when this happens is very strong.

Occasional Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Make your husband take the lid off.

LOL  he tried.

Occasional Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

@caron wrote:

This happened to me. I had to give the L & L to a co-worker (guy) to pull the lid off. The tabs didn't break, fortunately. The vacuum created when this happens is very strong.

At least I know it's a strong seal.  I was trying to pry it open with a paring knife that had a sharp tip.  the very tip is broken off now.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had this happen.  I think I'd freeze it, then try.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone!! I did manage to finally get it off.  A lot of prying with a knife.

Honored Contributor

@caron wrote:

Thanks everyone!! I did manage to finally get it off.  A lot of prying with a knife.

Hope you did it over a sink.Woman Very Happy

New Contributor

Hi Caron,

Chris Pryme has mentioned during her presentations to never put it in the microwave with the lid locked. It can explode. It needs to let steam escape.She said to take the lid, turn it upside down and put it back on the bowl.

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I have washed my L & L lids in the dishwasher, top rack...and afterwards, the lid didn't fit correctly on the bottom.  I handwash my lids now.