Honored Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock great deal

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Not sure this is a great deal.  Mine arrived with broken snaps.  Called Lock and Lock but they are not in today so am waiting for them to call me back.

But then I looked at reviews which say not only did they come broken, but they break easily with wear.  So I don't know if this is worth keeping.

@Isobel Archer, why not call QVC and have them send you another set? I know that there have always been complaints about tabs breaking, but honestly, I have a ton of this stuff and have had minimal problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Not sure this is a great deal.  Mine arrived with broken snaps.  Called Lock and Lock but they are not in today so am waiting for them to call me back.

But then I looked at reviews which say not only did they come broken, but they break easily with wear.  So I don't know if this is worth keeping.

@Isobel Archer, why not call QVC and have them send you another set? I know that there have always been complaints about tabs breaking, but honestly, I have a ton of this stuff and have had minimal problems.

Looking at the reviews, there seem to be a lot of folks receiving damaged sets.  

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Looking at the reviews there seem to be a lot of folks receiving damaged sets.  In order to receive another from the Q, I'd need to return this one.  If Lock and Lock will not replace the damaged lid, I will return and probably will not reorder.  I also noticed that the lid on the top one is difficult to "seat" in order to snap shut.  It works, but only after several tries.  So I'm not sure this is something I want to keep.  We'll see.

Respected Contributor

Update:  Talked with Lock and Lock CS and they are sending replacement lid.  So apparently they are willing to make it good.  Will try using them - and hopefully this will turn out to be a good deal after all.

Honored Contributor

Glad I passed on these, as the review are coming in pretty bad. Almost as many one star reviews as there are five stars. That isn't a good product, and most reviews are saying they are arriving with broken tabs.

I recognize these thinner sets with substandard locking tabs when I see them now, and I will continue to pass on them.

Honored Contributor

Glad I got a goody. LOL