Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock - Bread, Bacon, and Egg Containers

I also bought the set....it hasn't arrived yet.

I am hoping to use the bread keeper more for buns or bagels. We don't buy much bread.

I hope it works for that..

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz I was always skeptical about Debbie Meyer Green Boxes, but I bought a set late last year.  They really do work.  Vegetables last so much longer.  Parsely keeps for weeks.  Well worth the price and I always have something in several pieces from the set.  I have to see if one will fit for my homemade bread.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Carmie Haven't had a problem with the moisture and the egg keeper. But I just got the set two days ago. Thanks for mentioning it and I will keep an eye out for that concern.

I got the egg keeper and my eggs collect moisture and then there is mold on them. I keep the lid off and put it on the bottom. I think that is why the eggs are packed in containers like cardboard and styrofoam at the packing houses.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@Carmie Haven't had a problem with the moisture and the egg keeper. But I just got the set two days ago. Thanks for mentioning it and I will keep an eye out for that concern.

I got the egg keeper and my eggs collect moisture and then there is mold on them. I keep the lid off and put it on the bottom. I think that is why the eggs are packed in containers like cardboard and styrofoam at the packing houses.

Wet eggs become porous and allow bacteria to enter through the shells.  I have never had mold on my eggs..ewww, that would be gross.  I make sure my eggs stay dry.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Chris's containers are made for Wonder Bread rather than artisan brands like Dave's Killer Bread. I guess that's what she's used to.

@ValuSkr LOL!!! That is EXACTLY what I get...Dave's Killer Organic Bread, 21 Whole Grains and Seeds! I like his other ones too.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma Oh, yes, it will be great for buns and bagels!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Where do you purchase Debbie's items?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz Where do you purchase Debbie's items?

@World Traveler

HSN. They sell a set of 2 for $21.20 or set of 4 for $41.20. I have her bread boxes & use the green bags also.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@Nightowlz I was always skeptical about Debbie Meyer Green Boxes, but I bought a set late last year.  They really do work.  Vegetables last so much longer.  Parsely keeps for weeks.  Well worth the price and I always have something in several pieces from the set.  I have to see if one will fit for my homemade bread.

@Daysdee

It fits our homemade breads. DH made some French Bread yesterday. It did just fit in there. 

I just bought 2 more of her bread containers so now I have 4.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Thanks! I'll take a look at them. Heart