Super Contributor

Re: Listeria outbreak in commercially prepared caramel apples

My husband and I have eaten our Mrs. Prindables and they were so fresh and the chocolate and caramel used were of such high quality. I don't believe they are commercially prepared. They are dipped by hand and the ingredients are fresh. They are top quality so I still have no concerns.

New Contributor

I just found a release from Mrs. Prindables on thier site: http://www.mrsprindables.com/news We just gave these out as gift! I ate one a couple days ago :-( Not sure what to do. Will probably call CS and junk them though.

Regular Contributor

I talked to them and they said it is the caramel that is the problem which Mrs. Prindables makes their own, my question would be do they sell caramel to those brands? I didn't ask. I'm going to wait. I've eaten a couple but then I read it can take 70 days for symptoms. Oyyyy. Merry Christmas! Smiley Sad

New Contributor

On 12/19/2014 Beckron said:

I talked to them and they said it is the caramel that is the problem which Mrs. Prindables makes their own, my question would be do they sell caramel to those brands? I didn't ask. I'm going to wait. I've eaten a couple but then I read it can take 70 days for symptoms. Oyyyy. Merry Christmas! Smiley Sad

70 days!!! Geez!!!

Not applicable

On 12/19/2014 Beckron said:

who did you talk to on this?

Super Contributor

I read the CDC report and they are saying retail level , I have Mrs Prindables being delivered today ,not sure what to do .. I did call Customer service and they said that Mrs Prindables is not commercially prepared ..so I am thinking on this . kinda stinks , was so looking forward to some tonight and serving Xmas.. if I decide not to eat them and have to discard.. I will ask for my refund and expect that I would get it

Regular Contributor

Super Contributor

I just talked to customer service and asked if I should refuse delivery , they said that I could or just discard.. I asked if Mrs Prindables was going to issue a statement on this and I was told they are waiting for that.. I so looked forward to having these for Christmas but I don't feel I can serve these .. I was told after I receive them I can call back at that time and they will issue a refund... very sad

Regular Contributor

Statement on Mrs. Prindables website.. Gosh, I feel bad for them!

http://www.mrsprindables.com/news

Not applicable

I received my shipment on Dec 8, and ate one when they got here, so I know they are fine. Also, I don't believe they are considered 'commercially' produced. It seems they had to all have been made in October or at least that shipment. Media scare to me. I will give to friends telling them I tested for them!