Respected Contributor

Re: List some foods that you won't eat, no matter what??

Eggplant, veal, liver, pigs feet, sardines, stinky cheese, game meat, oysters, squid.....I'm sure there's more, but that's off the top of my head.

Regular Contributor

Cottage cheese........gag - runny yellow of an egg....only scrambled

used to have liver = no more gag used to eat sardines - no more

not a fan of milk drinking a glass - never have but cottage cheese just the thought I don't think I could for a million dollars.

I've eaten snails they were good anything sauteed in garlic is

My kids have tried a few of the awful things Bourdain has had on his show that are simply disgusting the baby bird egg = gross

Honored Contributor

Grains. Any of them.

Sugar.

I'll take all that liver the rest of you don't want!

Valued Contributor

Liver,calamari,oysters, turnips ,venison there is more I am sure!!

Super Contributor

Veal.

Contributor

Meat or poultry. I do eat fish, though.

Honored Contributor

Egg whites, unless scrambled or cut up in potato salad.

Honored Contributor

Snails. Carrots. Radishes.

Respected Contributor

Sushi and milk. never even tried liver, but I am not even tempted. Baked or broiled seafood is my favorite. There are more foods I don't like, but don't want to go on and on. But these are probably the least two foods that I like.

Super Contributor

Very interesting thread! It is fascinating to read what some other's would not eat that I enjoy. I guess it is all how we are raised. I love food and have always enjoyed trying new things....how do you know whether or not you like something if you have never tried it? However, there are a few things that don't appeal to me. Haggis is something I have no desire to try, even though my heritage is part Scottish, and I eat liver and kidneys....but the combo of a bunch of organ meat served in a stomach doesn't appeal to me. I love sushi and sashimi, and so far the only thing I have found to my dislike is Uni (sea urchin gonads). I've tried rocky mtn oysters, they are quite good. Most food is just getting your mind wrapped around the idea of it, and embracing different cultures. I'm English by birth, and steak & kidney pie was normal to me.

I think the only "foods" I would have a problem with are eating things alive... like bugs or worms. I watch that show with Andrew Zimmern, the "Bizarre Foods" thing.... that man must either have an iron stomach or stock in Pepto Bismol because he eats some insane things. I could not make myself eat a tree larvae or a worm unless I was on a deserted island and absolutely starving... and even then, I think I would eat tree leaves. I'm pretty adventurous, but can't imagine eating bugs to survive. I watched one of his shows where they harvest ants in Africa... they fry them up like a stir fry, or eat them alive... I guess great protein, but not sure I could do it.

ETA: Escargot in garlic butter with some crusty bread are just the best!