Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lidia Bastianich on CNBC right now

[ Edited ]

I have some of this TV celebrity cook's casserole dishes.  I love the quality of her ceramics (way beyond anything offered by TempTations) and she is giving a very interesting  interview on air at this moment.

Well, it's over now.  Wasn't about cooking, but about their family restaurant and doing business in America.

Respected Contributor

Her stuff is made in China as well, the better side of China?

I actually love her, I have her cookbooks.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Lidia Bastianich on CNBC right now

If you don't have any of her cookbooks, I can recommend " Lidia's Favorite Recipes ". It is a wonderful Italian cookbook.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

QVC used to sell a few pieces of Lidia Bastianich's cookware and dishes.  

Cookware aside, Lidia's PBS cooking show is one of the few I enjoy.  I particularly like that she uses ingredients I have heard of and can easily find in my local supermarkets.  Her cookbooks are great!  Cook's Country and America's Test Kitchen are two other cooking shows I enjoy.  The rest seem to make cooking seem so complicated to me, but I confess to considering myself to not be a good cook, so what do I know. 

Honored Contributor

I like ATK and CC better since Chris isn't on them any more.  Everyone seemed so uptight when he was there.  I have watched his new show Milk Street, but people on it are even more uptight, at least to me, and the "recipes" are odd.  

I think he is late to the party with foreign food influences.   We have been there done that, and it is part of our common food culture now