Valued Contributor

Re: Lid-its that crack in oven

Thanks for the pro tips - i didn't know that you should not put it in a preheated oven!

So based on your comments you also would not advise to use the lids in the oven?

Frequent Contributor

Too bad Tara says in her cookbook to preheat the oven in every recipe. Somebody better tell her!
Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Lizzy Bennet said: Too bad Tara says in her cookbook to preheat the oven in every recipe. Somebody better tell her!

I watched the TSV show last night at midnight, and she specifically said to put your dish in the oven at the same time you turn the oven on. This is absolutely imperative if the dish is coming from the freezer, or if the dish is cold. it will crack and split instantly if you place a cold dish into a hot oven.

Super Contributor

With all the complaints I see on here about Temp-tations and their awful customer service, I would never buy any of it. Tara totally turns me off anyway so I would never purchase any of it, nor would I ever use it anyway.

Contributor

I have come to conclude that they are designed to crack at a certain ""acceptable"" rate (10/20% or more)

They count on most people simply throwing it in the trash and not lodging a complaint on an unknown site which does Nothing for them unless waste time.

Trusted Contributor

With my concern over lead and having one dish crack in the oven, I threw all mine in the trash. I'm back to Corningware with no problems. I don't need pretty designs- I need safe and reliable.