Respected Contributor

Re: Let's talk English Muffins . . . :)

[ Edited ]

Al Roker Special “TheWorks”,plus Ham, Turkey, Swiss, Sweet Peppers

“The Works” includes Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Provolone Cheese, OSS Recipe Oil, Hot Pepper Sauce, Oregano and Parmesan Cheese. 

Al got to pick out whatever he wanted as he spent so much time there when he was in Oswego State College. Everyone says he is one of the nicest men you will ever meet.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@MKR14 wrote:

We have a Wal-Mart a few blocks from us.I will check the Bay's muffins out when I go there next time. I go to Clay sometimes shopping. I love New York and Oswego's slogan is "Where the Water Never Ends" . Beautiful city. We have a new 25 year old Mayor that is really doing a fabulous job sprucing up the city. We live two blocks from the Oswego Speedway. Actually that was my husbands and mine first date 51 years ago.We have a huge Oswego State College here that Al Roker went to. He still visits often and he has a sandwich named after him at the Oswego Sub Shop he used to visit. He still stops by every time he visits to get his sandwich. Sorry got off subject. Smiley Happy

@MKR14 you didn't take the thread off topic but you surely made it better . . . thanks for sharing your experiences and I would love to know what constitutes an Al Roker sandwich . . . Smiley Happy

It's basically ham, turkey, Swiss, sweet peppers and "the works"(lettuce, tomato,onion, mayo, seasoned oil, hopepper sauce, Parmesan and oregano)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker That's it. Al is always on the local news whenever he is in town. He loves it here and the town loves him. Smiley Happy

This is in a sub roll not a sandwich if I forgot to say that. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

@Mothertrucker

All I can say is, that Al Roker knows his way around a sandwich . . . it sounds delicious . . . thank you for the information ladies!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Funny how you never notice things until it is pointed out at you.

I went to my local Stop and Shop and guess what I saw? Bay english muffins in the dairy case. I didn't buy it but I will keep it in mind. Does it go on sale? I know Thomas's sometimes have buy 1 and get 2 free. Yep, you read that right. Buy 1 and get 2 free.

Sometimes I feel I got ripped off when it is BOGO lol

Puff Pastry - I bought the Stop and Shop brand and hope it is okay. The store brand is just under $5.00 and Pepperidge Farm is over $7.00 WHAT????? This is for 2 pieces of dough.

I rarely buy it so I was taken aback with the price. I know pie crusts go on sale but idk about puff pastry.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@momtochloe

Funny how you never notice things until it is pointed out at you.

I went to my local Stop and Shop and guess what I saw? Bay english muffins in the dairy case. I didn't buy it but I will keep it in mind. Does it go on sale? I know Thomas's sometimes have buy 1 and get 2 free. Yep, you read that right. Buy 1 and get 2 free.

Sometimes I feel I got ripped off when it is BOGO lol

Puff Pastry - I bought the Stop and Shop brand and hope it is okay. The store brand is just under $5.00 and Pepperidge Farm is over $7.00 WHAT????? This is for 2 pieces of dough.

I rarely buy it so I was taken aback with the price. I know pie crusts go on sale but idk about puff pastry.

@Yahooey yes they do go on sale around here (I live in the western suburbs of Chicago).

I used to stalk the ads when my mom was still here as she enjoyed her muffin every day and need to get back in the habit as I am tired of toast.  I did buy a package of Thomas Muffins and will be trying those tomorrow.  I don't believe I have ever seen a buy one get two free deal around here, lucky you!