Honored Contributor

Re: Let's talk English Muffins . . . :)

Thomas' English muffins, every week! Great with Egg Beaters every morning. Toaster.

Respected Contributor

Thomas's English muffins.  When we go to the Lake  for vacation it's tradition to have Thomas's muffins with butter and shaved Cheddar cheese slices for breakfast.  There's maple creme to spread for the kids and the kids at heart.   Darn it!  Now I want Muffins and Cheese!  

Honored Contributor

I make my own english muffins. Nothing like homemade. Mmmmm Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I make my own english muffins. Nothing like homemade. Mmmmm Woman Happy

I agree! Homemade sourdough English muffins just rock. Blueberry. Or cinnamon and raisin. Or with dried cranberries and pecans. Yum. Just yum. I always try to keep English muffins on hand in the freezer. DH wanted English muffins one time and we were out of the homemade ones. He ran into town for some store-bought muffins....and he was not amused. You could really taste the difference.

Honored Contributor

I just want to say thanks to everyone that participated on this thread.  I really appreciated hearing your thoughts and experiences!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I choose English muffins for breakfast in a restaurant every time instead of regular toast.  My number one favorite is Thomas and anything else just doesn't meet my definition of an English muffin.  Prefer it toasted until lightly browned and crisp, not soggy and flabby and barely warm like so many breakfast restaurant joints serve their muffins.

I've had Wolferman's several times (by mail order), but they are so dense and heavy that I'd  probably choose another type of bread if I really want "toast".  I like the "nooks and crannies" in a Thomas muffin.

Thomas muffins also make wonderful tuna melt or ham and cheese melt sandwiches.

Have never heard of nor seen the Bays brand, but always willing to give something new a try if I find it.

@novamc1 your post made me laugh out loud . . . I haven't been out to breakfast in a very long time but back when I was married my ex and I used to eat out every weekend.  One time I ordered an english muffin and I believe the only relationship that poor thing had to a toaster was if it happened to pass by one on the way to being delivered to me . . . I politely asked if it could be toasted a bit more and I saw the look of chagrin on the waitress's face as clearly she hadn't noticed it was probably raw . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KimmC wrote:

BTW...I'm not sure if they are regional or not..I live in WNY..

@KimmC

Me too!  WNY!  I had never heard of them and now I am intrigued!  If my dear buddy 'ol pal @momtochloe recommends them....I gotta join the hunt!

@KimmC

You haven't been able to find them in Super Walmart, Tops or Wegmans??

I never shop at Target and was wondering if you have looked elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@KimmC wrote:

BTW...I'm not sure if they are regional or not..I live in WNY..

@KimmC

Me too!  WNY!  I had never heard of them and now I am intrigued!  If my dear buddy 'ol pal @momtochloe recommends them....I gotta join the hunt!

@KimmC

You haven't been able to find them in Super Walmart, Tops or Wegmans??

I never shop at Target and was wondering if you have looked elsewhere.

Tee hee @RespectLife for me these muffins are totally different from any other I have had and was a must have for my mom.  They are much lighter and airier than regular english muffins which I personally enjoy.

@IamMrsG posted a great recipe that we can make them ourselves.  I am planning on trying to make them but I need to buy a couple of things before I do so . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love English muffins although I don't have them often.

We get Thomas'.  There isn't much of a choice around here.  DH and I like the ones you have to use a fork to cut in half, not a smooth knife cut.

Respected Contributor

Vermont Baking Company.  A local (regional?) brand here in New Hampshire.  Wonderful.