Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's talk English Muffins . . . :)

So glad that I read about Bay's on this forum, I had never heard of them before.  I found them at a local Walmart and I love them!  I live in upstate NY.  Thanks to everyone for the heads up!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

I buy Thomas' - toasted with PB is my favorite way to have it for breakfast. I now drink kale sludge for breakfast - nm.

Before I look for Bays or Wollman, do they have nooks and crannies? I didn't know that was an option. I made the mistake of buying TJ English Muffins and when I pried it apart, hey where is the PB going to slide into if there are no nooks? Never again - Nooks Nooks Nooks - okay throw in a few crannies.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I buy Thomas' - toasted with PB is my favorite way to have it for breakfast. I now drink kale sludge for breakfast - nm.

Before I look for Bays or Wollman, do they have nooks and crannies? I didn't know that was an option. I made the mistake of buying TJ English Muffins and when I pried it apart, hey where is the PB going to slide into if there are no nooks? Never again - Nooks Nooks Nooks - okay throw in a few crannies.

@Yahooey as Bays are pre-split I would say they do not have nooks and crannies if that makes sense?  I haven't opened my package of Thomas' muffins yet but I am pretty sure you have to fork split them so perhaps Bays would not be for you?

Respected Contributor

Bays are sort of partially split, so when you pull them apart, I find they have lots of nooks and crannies....I like them, but they are not  better than some 

Of the other brands named

Respected Contributor

@cancun08 I live in Oswego in upstate New York. I will have to look for the Bay's brand

muffins also at our Wal-Mart. We just got some Thomas's English muffins with Buy one get two free at our local Price Chopper. My husband always says,"I only got one". Yesterday he actually got the other two free ones when the cashier told him the sale price. He said, " I better go get them or my wife will be mad." I usually give them to someone if we can't use them. I will look for the Bay's brand and give them a try. Thanks everyone for hints on foods. It helps all of us go for the best.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@cancun08 I live in Oswego in upstate New York. I will have to look for the Bay's brand

muffins also at our Wal-Mart. We just got some Thomas's English muffins with Buy one get two free at our local Price Chopper. My husband always says,"I only got one". Yesterday he actually got the other two free ones when the cashier told him the sale price. He said, " I better go get them or my wife will be mad." I usually give them to someone if we can't use them. I will look for the Bay's brand and give them a try. Thanks everyone for hints on foods. It helps all of us go for the best.Smiley Happy

@MKR14. I live in Oneida County (kinda south easterly).  I didn't see them at Price Chopper, I looked there first.  But sure enough, good ol' Walmart had em.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a Wal-Mart a few blocks from us.I will check the Bay's muffins out when I go there next time. I go to Clay sometimes shopping. I love New York and Oswego's slogan is "Where the Water Never Ends" . Beautiful city. We have a new 25 year old Mayor that is really doing a fabulous job sprucing up the city. We live two blocks from the Oswego Speedway. Actually that was my husbands and mine first date 51 years ago.We have a huge Oswego State College here that Al Roker went to. He still visits often and he has a sandwich named after him at the Oswego Sub Shop he used to visit. He still stops by every time he visits to get his sandwich. Sorry got off subject. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love English muffins! They're so versatile. I like them toasted with butter or peanut butter. I also like to toast them, cool, then top with cottage cheese and sprinkle with pepper and chopped chives. Needless to say, they're perfect for our little Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker. We moved past Thomas' a while ago, since they started playing the "downsize, then introduce 'large' size which is same as the original, but now more expensive" game lol. In addition, their "tops" got weird, almost like a small mound which means you can't cut it into two equal halves. So we've been buying the Tops brand, a good size without being "extra large" and, best of all reasonably priced--and often sold as a "two-fer."

What worries you masters you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

We have a Wal-Mart a few blocks from us.I will check the Bay's muffins out when I go there next time. I go to Clay sometimes shopping. I love New York and Oswego's slogan is "Where the Water Never Ends" . Beautiful city. We have a new 25 year old Mayor that is really doing a fabulous job sprucing up the city. We live two blocks from the Oswego Speedway. Actually that was my husbands and mine first date 51 years ago.We have a huge Oswego State College here that Al Roker went to. He still visits often and he has a sandwich named after him at the Oswego Sub Shop he used to visit. He still stops by every time he visits to get his sandwich. Sorry got off subject. Smiley Happy

@MKR14 you didn't take the thread off topic but you surely made it better . . . thanks for sharing your experiences and I would love to know what constitutes an Al Roker sandwich . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I will call them after I get home and get the ingredients for you. Off to my brothers 80th birthday party.Smiley Happy @momtochloe