Respected Contributor

@chips wrote:

And potato chips, which I love, hence my nickname.  You get a bag full of air....but I still buy them.  LOL

I do think there is a reason for this - the bag being filled with air keeps the delicate chips from getting completely crushed during transport and on the shelf. Look at more hardy chips like Fritos and tortilla chips - they have less air in the bag.

Honored Contributor

at this rate - everything will be sold as a convenient biteful

yogurt was 10 - then 8 - some 6 - pretty soon a nice rounded tablespoon

charge me more - give me 64 ounces of juice 

recipes get all screwed up - a can of blah blah is no longer that size

Honored Contributor

How about the TP. It's so thin now a 2 ply is a 1 ply. Was buying a 3 ply TP which they discontinued so had to look for something else.

DH does not like Charmin or Cottonelle. He says it has too much lint. LOL!!!

The hole in the middle of the roll is so big now to make it look like you are still getting more but actually you are not.

Stop making everything smaller. They just need to raise the price & stop being ridiculous. People are not stupid. We know when a product is changed.

They do this with clothing now. Clothes people wear look like it's for their kids. Stop trying to save a penney.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@chips wrote:

And potato chips, which I love, hence my nickname.  You get a bag full of air....but I still buy them.  LOL

I do think there is a reason for this - the bag being filled with air keeps the delicate chips from getting completely crushed during transport and on the shelf. Look at more hardy chips like Fritos and tortilla chips - they have less air in the bag.

@froggy

DH likes Pringles but they have made them so small now they no longer fit the can so you end up with a bunch of broken chips so he stopped eating them. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

I would love to have cake mixes back to 18 oz size.  I use some of the Cake Doctor books and they all call for that size.  I'm willing to pay more to get more.

Valued Contributor

Just look at ice cream containers, used to get a gallon of ice cream, now you get a much smaller container. Next time we look it will be the size of a Dixie cup, with the same or inflated price. 😊

Honored Contributor

Most orange Juice is down to 52 ounces.  There are a few off brands that are still 58 ounces but probaby not for much longer.

We can still get a pound of bacon and a pound of pasta.  Although there is one brand of pasta that is only 12 oz., I think it's Mueller but not 100% certain.  

Ice cream is a 48 oz.container now.

Honored Contributor

When manufacturers started doing this, I thought it was underhanded.  Now however, it's commonplace so I pay attention to shelf unit pricing.  In a way it's not a bad thing - it keeps the grocery budget the same and in most cases we can make do with less.

Valued Contributor

Re: Less Product Same Price

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2

I usually purchase Scott T.P. and try to stock up when it's on sale.  I happened to be running low and the store brand was on sale so several months ago I purchased that instead.  I happened to place the new store rolls on a shelf next to the few remaining Scott brand I had left and was shocked to realize the rolls of Scott were all a half inch shorter than the store brand, and each indicated they had the '1,000 sheets'!  Then I realized why the Scott brand has been seeming to be narrower when I was placing it on the roller in the T.P. holder on the wall!  I had nothing to compare it to until then!  They downsized the roll by shortening the height but keeping the same number of sheets thinking consumers would not notice!  And just yesterday I heard they will be raising prices.  As they keep downsizing soon we will be purchasing empty rolls!  I just love flushing my money down the drain!

Respected Contributor
Florida O.J. Recently downsized but prices same or more. It’s one of few brands without foreign oranges.