Respected Contributor
On 4/2/2014 Orchids4me said:

I know Costco has had an 18/10 silverware service for 12 for $90. Can't remember if it was Lennox or not.

I bought two of the 18/10 Lenox silver service from Costco (a few years ago) and love them.

Super Contributor

Hmmmm - I do love it. Maybe I could use my "dining room" set for the kitchen and use this for "good." My kitchen flatware was "purchased" with Betty Crocker coupons back when I was in college in the '60's and is missing a lot of pieces, so maybe it's time for a change. Have always hated silver and returned every silver wedding gift I received - who wants to polish it? My mom had a set that she wanted to give me (my older sister had her own) but I convinced her to give it to my nephew's fiancé - figured she couldn't turn it down - lol. The only silver I own is four silver goblets one of my cats won at a show years ago - they are black now and I keep thinking I should polish them . . . .

Super Contributor

It's a very complete set for the price! But I just can't get past their latest addition--SPORKS?!!?

Honored Contributor

My set is Oneida given to my husband and I by his Mom for Christmas one year. I was blown away by her generosity. I love the pattern too. We've used it ever since - that was probably 25-30 years ago. WOW! Looks (almost) as great today as it did then.

If I were in the market I'd pass on today's choices however.

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 sciencegeek said:

It's a very complete set for the price! But I just can't get past their latest addition--SPORKS?!!?

I saw that and wondered why I would need a spork?

Valued Contributor
Thanks for the reminder about checking Costco.
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/2/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I saw that and wondered why I would need a spork?

Trying to entice the Dixie Plates for the Holidays crowd?

Honored Contributor

I'd love a new set of flatware, but none of these patterns does it for me... I honestly wish I really liked one of them, but I guess I'll keep looking. I also don't need a service for twelve. I see they sold out of one of the choices, so they must be doing all right with it.

They have a much wider selection, different brands and some pretty patterns, but not as the TSV.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I didn't like that either. I have a Reed & Barton set from QVC from probably 15 years ago or more. It is 18/10 and holding up well and used every day.

Respected Contributor

Hey I like sparks! LOL Basically you can use them as spoons. Smiley Wink

I actually liked the no pattern one the best (Bellevue) We have such hard water even with jet dry. I still get hard water spots in the creases of my R&B. Doesn't seem to bother my glasses tho. I routinely soak my silverware in vinegar.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*