Respected Contributor

Re: Le Crueset or All Clad 10 pc Stainless Steel Set?

As I have said before, we don't buy "sets" of cookware.  We buy the pieces we need.  We have some All Clad and it's good cookware, made in the US.  We also have some Lodge Cast Iron, also made in the US and simply wonderful.

Regular Contributor

Yes, that's true fm, I am interested in the LC stainless set but it looks like All Clad is the way to go!
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for your answers-looks like American made All Clad is the one I will go for! 👍
Respected Contributor

Something I'd bear in mind when reading reviews is whether people are reviewing currently produced pieces, which is what you'd be buying, or cookware that's 5, 7, 10 or more years old.

I never go by reviews of old stuff because manufacturers change their sourcing and production methods so much that it can be almost apples/oranges. I'd focus on reviews of cookware bought new no less than 2 years ago. A year of regular use should give you a good idea of the worth of a pan--or putting it another way, worthless pans will have demonstrated their inferior quality by the time they've been used for a year.

Contributor

Went recently to a traveling Le Cruset "roadshow" with daughter who wants cast iron.  We could not even lift the pots and pans empty much less with food in them ( and she is 38 yrs old). This cookware will only become more of a problem as we age. So, I would choose All Clad, or for cast iron go with Lodge...inexpensive, not overly heavy, been around for ever, cooks great btw.