Regular Contributor

Le Crueset or All Clad 10 pc Stainless Steel Set?

Done some research, looking for personal reviews of these 2 brands, please.

LC is about $200 more than AC.

Thanks! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Le Crueset or All Clad 10 pc Stainless Steel Set?

I have a Le Crueset dutch oven and All Clad with the copper core as my regular pans--so my experience is limited.  I love the All Clad cookware...they heat evenly, and are pretty easy to clean.  I use my dutch oven mainly on the stove top and not in the oven but love the weight of the pot. 

Honored Contributor

To mind no contest.  Not even close.  All-Clad is American made and has been excellent cookware for many years.  I have never seen LC beat it in any review. I don't think you'll go wrong with All-Clad.

Valued Contributor

My kitchen has enough LC to open a store. I love them. Easy to clean and every thing you cook in them comes out perfectly. I do not have any all clad so I can't comment.

Hope you enjoy whichever one you choose. Good cookware makes a big difference.

Esteemed Contributor

Have owned a Wolfgang Puck 18/10 stainless steel set for 15 years and it looks, feels and acts like brand new.

If I knew an 18/10 stainless steel sets behaved like this I would have purchased All Clad.

I love it.

Valued Contributor

I use All-Clad copper core as my regular pots and pans. I use Le Creuset for speciality tasks where I want to have the pot heat all up the sides such as for sourdough bread, or grilling on the stovetop, or as a griddle. If i want the Dutch oven to retain heat for a long time I use my le creuset. 

Honored Contributor

I have gone through so much cookware in my 40 years of marriage! I finally wised up and made an investment in getting 2 full sets of All Clad cookware. I know I will never need another piece again! I love this stuff! I've been using mine for about 7 years now and it still looks and acts as though its brand new. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I think some here don't understand you are asking about LC stainless steel and not enameled cast iron.

My daughter has a set of Le Creuset stainless steel and she loves it.  She received it as a shower gift.

Regular Contributor

I spent half of my tax return to get All-Clad and I will NEVER regret it. It is BY FAR the best cookware I ever used.

I recommend it.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think some here don't understand you are asking about LC stainless steel and not enameled cast iron.

My daughter has a set of Le Creuset stainless steel and she loves it.  She received it as a shower gift.

LC stainless is made in China; AC in the USA.  AC has a longstanding tradition of excellence in stainless cookware; LC does not have that history for stainless.  Their case iron is superb, wouldn't buy anything else.  But I wouldn't buy their stainless when I can buy AC.