Trusted Contributor

Extended Returns start next Sat the 23rd. I'm beginning holiday shopping and wanted to buy Le Creuset. Q has very little to pick from, I hope the increase their inventory.

Cat Surprised

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2   If you want a great price, call an outlet.  They have a great one here in OKC and many other cities. 

Prices are great, some pieces are seconds, some not, but the people at the store can examine them before shipping.  They have so many things!  Sometimes as much as 50 or 60 percent off especially on discontinued colors and special sets.

Respected Contributor

Williams Sonoma carries an extensive line and a vast array of LC colors you won't find on QVC.  Their prices are very good, too, and probably comparable to QVC's. Free shipping on orders over $49.

Their website at the moment doesn't seem to have all the  cast iron styles that LC makes, including one style that I hope to get.  However, it's possible that their inventory will increase as we get closer to the holidays.

If  you're looking to buy LC as a gift, you might consider the LC stoneware bakers and casseroles.  I have four of these, in addition to cast iron. The  stoneware cleans up very easily  and cooks extremely well.  I  use all four of mine often and highly recommend the stoneware.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner@novamc1 Thank you both very much for your suggestions. I going to do both this week!Cat Very Happy

I may need to find another brand though, started having some health issues where the weight of these may not be for me any longerCat Sad

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2  Those big pots are heavy, and the lids are the heaviest thing!  If you go for a wide pot wow they can weigh a ton--just the lid!    I put the lid on now after they go in the oven!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

I donated & sold all my LC pieces they are too heavy empty let alone with food in them. I had many pieces.

I switched over to CE lightweight cast iron pieces! Purchased a few on clearance & most recently, TSV.  Honestly they cook/bake as well or better than LC pieces at a third of the price! And clean up isa breeze, everything cooks evenly as nice as LC -- I see no difference just the name!

Valued Contributor

I love my Le Creuset and not about to change.  Some of it is over 30 years old and each pot holds a memory for me.  I just got the new pumpkin in cream and adore it.  I have tried other brands and do have some Staub pieces and I do like Lodge, made in Tennessee.  I can't get over made in China pieces.  You don't lknow the origin of the pieces, materials - vadiation or not?  maybe for decorative but not to cook my food.  I am a widow and use the smaller of my Le Cresuet but don't hesitate to get out my big pieces for superior taste and quality of cookware and the pure enjoyment of how it looks.