Frequent Contributor

Le Creuset veining in handles?

Hi...wondering if any Le Creuset experts could help? I ordered the 2 quart heart shaped dutch oven (in the Hibiscus) for a gift and was so excited. However, when received, I noticed the handles have a sort of veining on them...almost as if the coating didn't cover them completely or something. I have only purchased one other L.C. piece and was so excited about starting collections for myself and friends - so wondered if this is common? I don't see any reviews for this set mentioning it. I hate to return it and the color is no longer available so thought I'd just check in to see if this is common - or if anyone could share any info. or input. I feel sort of odd gifting it.  Thank you very much. (The base is fine.)

Frequent Contributor

Re: Le Creuset veining in handles?

I own 7 pieces of LC and none of them have any imperfections. Try to call the company and see if them can help you.

Frequent Contributor

I own 7 pieces of LC and none of them have any imperfections. Try to call the company and see if they can help you.

Honored Contributor

I would say that unless you purchased it as a 'second' this is highly unusual. LC is an outstanding company that puts out top notch quality.

I don't know if you ordered it here or elsewhere, but maybe contacting LC, as somebody else said, is the way to go if you don't want to return it.

LC wouldn't sell something like that unless it was marked as a second.

Frequent Contributor

Thank so much hockey mom...I'll look into contacting the company to see.  I appreciate the response.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hi chickenbutt!  Thank you for responding.  I did purchase the set through QVC.  (Item  K45197 )

Respected Contributor

I would call the Q first if you bought it there, I'm sure that's what the company will ask you to do.

Honored Contributor

@prior1

I ordered a 7 qt oval from another shopping channel it had a chip - it was not LC but "knock off".  I called the 800# on the warranty card it was JA Henkels (knife company) I was pleasantly surprised they sent me a Le Croquette Staub 8 qt. as replacement. Four times more $$$ then what I paid for the "no name" and I love it!

A good company like LC will definitely stand behind their product I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

I bought a large oval from HSN on closeout.  Many small chips on edge, which I did not notice when I unpacked it.  It lives in the basement now, it was too late to return and way too heavy for me.