Trusted Contributor

Le Creuset pan sticking issue

Has anyone ever dealt with Le Creuset regarding returning a "pain in the rear" sticking griddle pan? Purchased from QVC, stuck badly out of the box, continues to stick even after seasoning, etc. I have used it a total of 5 times. agggghhhhhhWoman Sad

dee

Valued Contributor

Re: Le Creuset pan sticking issue

The Company has a great no questions asked return warranty so call them and explain you have this sticking issue and want to return it at no cost to you provided you kept the box and all paperwork, and they should take it back and offer something in return, a replacement or if you really want a full refund of price you originally paid discuss that option, and good luck.

P.S. I followed all LeCreuset directions and still cook on low to medium heat but never cook on high heat, and I always love using all my LeCreuset on my portable electreic induction burner., on oven stove top and in the gas oven, but never in the broiler.

Please let us know how you made out with the LeCreuset warranty, and good luck!

Trusted Contributor

First, I am a huge fan of LC cookware.  Nothing like it.  However, wasn't always- Had the same issue you're experiencing.

LC has great CS, if you call they will help you.  I think you can chat online too if you prefer.  

Just a few tips, be sure you don't heat on high.  Medium heat is as high as you should go.  You will burn  or everything will stick.  Second tip, when you wash, just use water, no soap (interior) I like using scrub daddy's inside and I do use LC cleaner on the outside when needed.  Baking soda on the outside works well too.

If you do return, you shouldn't have an issue, either Q or LC should take it back.  I hope you find your way with these pans.  They really are great quality.  

Respected Contributor

@Jtdmum:  I bought DIL LeCreuset Poterie bakeware for Christmas, many pieces.  At the time I did not see the "poterie" label on them.  Are you familiar with this line of theirs?  I found them at Marshall's and compared prices online and it was a fantastic deal for all the pieces I purchased.  

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Jtdmum:  I bought DIL LeCreuset Poterie bakeware for Christmas, many pieces.  At the time I did not see the "poterie" label on them.  Are you familiar with this line of theirs?  I found them at Marshall's and compared prices online and it was a fantastic deal for all the pieces I purchased.  

@Hoovermom

poterie  is the French word for pottery.  The bakeware is stoneware, right? I.e., pottery. Yay that you found a good deal.

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom

poterie  is the French word for pottery.  The bakeware is stoneware, right? I.e., pottery. Yay that you found a good deal.

@nomless:  Yes....just wanted to know if there was a huge difference in baking vs. original LC.  DIL got some LC for wedding presents and loved them.  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Merry Christmas eve @Hoovermom!   Yes, I do have pottery from LC- Love it.  It is actually made in China now.  IMHO best out there.  Comes clean beautifully and is non stick naturally. 

I've picked up many pieces at TJX/Marshalls/Homegoods as well as at the outlet stores near me.  TJX Co's seem to have a better deal. 

It's very durable and goes right in the dishwasher.  

Very nice gift for your family! Will last a lifetime if you care for it properly. 

Trusted Contributor

@GiantsLover@Jtdmum

Thanks for your suggestions. I use a gas stove and perhaps that is why I had the problem. I'm phoning LC today and will try to get this resolved.

Thanks again.

Dee