Regular Contributor

Le Creuset grill pan- not a chicken roaster- FYI

I have a skinny grill pan from Le Creuset  and a few other Le Creuset Dutch ovens. The presenter  this evening says that one could roasted or sear a chicken on the thin pan. This cannot be done I believe. The pan is very shallow.- good for asparagus-  grilling thin chicken cutlets, vegs, etc....tomatoes....grilled cheese- shrimp-etc...

Respected Contributor

Re: Le Creuset grill pan- not a chicken roaster- FYI

I just watched the video.  He presented a half-chicken, surrounded by roasted vegetables right out of the oven.  It looked delicious and golden brown.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I have seared a spatchcocked chicken on mine.
Respected Contributor

When I saw that chicken on the grill pan I immediately thought "Where's the juice?" that naturally accumulates in no little amount below the chicken.  I think it is precooked then the pan is "decorated" as if it just came out of the oven and after the juice was drained off.

Honored Contributor

I think you could cook a split chicken, well dried off, and I'm sure you could do a half chicken, well dried off.  A whole chicken?  No, the juice would go everywhere.