Valued Contributor

I was so happy to receive this pan and used it to make a pizza in the oven.  Well, it sure didn't come out like the pizza on TV.  Even though I lightly oiled the pan, the whole pizza stuck to the pan, what I mess.  If I still had the box, I would send it back pronto.  I guess this is not a no stick surface, as stated on TV.  I wonder how none of their food stuck onto this pan, during the presentations.  Has anyone else used the griddle pan yet?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Le Creuset griddle pan TSV

Usually for the pan to be non stick it has to be a hot pan, cold oil than put the food on.

I use 18/10 stainless steel for my cooking that usually works.  Le Creuset is to heavy of a product for me to consider purchasing.

Honored Contributor

I have a Caphelon grill plan that I adore, I use it at least 4 times a week

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I am a huge Le Creuset fan and have many, many pieces.  However, their grill pans are no better than regular cast iron grill pans because that's essentially what they are.  The cooking surface is cast iron.  It makes no difference that they are enameled on the outside, the inside on which you cook is cast iron.  To me, spending more because they are Le Creuset, is ridiculous.

Also, I have never had the best of luck with any of my cast iron becoming so primed that it easily releases food.  

Honored Contributor

These are not made with 'nonstick' coating.   If somebody construed that from what is advertised, they weren't paying attention.

Furthermore, as stated, you heat up the pan first.  Don't put something on a cold surface, with this sort of thing, and then heat it up along with the food.   Of course, that could cause it to stick.   But it should not be at all problematic to clean it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have and I would return the product in a similar (size) box.   I wouldn't let a box stop me from getting my money back. 

Honored Contributor

They'll take it back with any old box, and I surely would return it.  If you don't have the invoice, print one from your order summary. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The black cooking surface is black satin enamel not just cast iron. Reading the instruction booklet makes all the difference. I made a pizza as soon as I received the pan and it did not stick at all. I heated the pan first and oiled it as per the instructions. I love my le creuset pieces and have no trouble cleaning but they are very different from non-stick coated pans. 

Valued Contributor

I purchased the grill pan, I heard something rattle in the box, sure enough a piece of the pan broke off, can you believe something this heavy could break off, returned it.  Not sure I will keep the other pan

Honored Contributor

tropics 21 wrote:

I purchased the grill pan, I heard something rattle in the box, sure enough a piece of the pan broke off, can you believe something this heavy could break off, returned it.  Not sure I will keep the other pan

Sorry that happened!   Yeah, pretty much anything can be broken during shipment, especially if it wasn't packed well.

One time, years ago, when I had ordered a large cast iron frying pan from Amazon (Lodge).  Well, first of all they just stuck it in a big box and secondly, it clearly had a rough trip, as it arrived completely broken.   That had to be some kind of rough handling!