Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps looking elsewhere for your matching color would be best?  I was gifted a matched set long ago and always liked that they matched.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

the chicken shape - that is hysterical - how to u lift the pot w/o causing an accident?

i got the 5qt pumpkin - pretty but a pain to clean bc of the shape

i do love it along with the 3 qt blue etched rooster

you got quite a collection - wow!

Contributor

Re: Le Creuset colors

[ Edited ]

Very disappointed that the TSV is again not offered in the caribbean color. I like all my pieces to be the same color and I have quite a collection going. Always looking to add more but the last 2-3 TSV's have not been offered in this color. 

Respected Contributor
Thank you all for the input and opinions!! You’ve definitely given me something to think about and perhaps I should check out a few other sites too. Not sure what to do but I have a day or so to think about it.

I do love the LC I have, but it is an investment so I don’t want to regret my decision. All the colors are beautiful though so I probably can’t go wrong.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom - I'm not normally a "grey" person, but I agree Oyster would be the way to go. DH got me a set in Cerise for our wedding (he also got me jewelry!). For all of these years that's what I've used. I love them. So when I got my first pot on QVC I decided to shake it up some and got Caribbean! The two latest pieces I've bought here have been Meringue. I love them all, but of course I'm partial to my original set! I do know the ones today have more updated features naturally. My original pieces have wooden knobs.

I know they always have Cerise and Flame, and probably some others, but they do switch other colors in and out. We're lucky that most of the colors blend so well!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You might want to checkout LeCreuset outlets online; they seem to have a wide variety of items and colors; free shipping over $99.

Valued Contributor

Provence and Cassis, like Cool Mint have been discontinued yet seem to be popping up a lot lately. Cassis and Provence were at the outlets for 50% off until it was sold out and then they started showing up on QVC. The color Rosemary was discontinued years ago as a SLT exclusive and has popped up at the outlets recently.  I have a lot of colors, not because I wanted them necessarily but because I tired of my original Marseilles and expanded out  because the outlet prices were too good along with clearance prices at SLT and Williams Sonoma. 

As for this TSV, I have a Caribbean Cassadou with black interior, pour spouts and a cast iron lid that I love. It is a great deep skillet that also works as a small pot for anything else you might need it for. My suggestion for a color that goes with both Provence and Cassis is Oyster.  I have all three and they go together well. 

Respected Contributor

Cool Mint and Cassis may be "retired" but check out the SOLD listings on Ebay....they are sought after and still popular....especially the Cassis!!!

I like Le Creuset and Staub not only for cooking, but the items LOOK so gorgeous in the kitchen! And when you serve food from them!!!

I live alone and it's crazy but everyone collects something. I enjoy this right now. I guess it's like those folks who buy 7000 sets of Lock in Lock!!!

I just switch them out from time to time for use. 

My "dream" Le Creuset is the "goose pot"  (FIFTEEN AND A HALF QUARTS YIKES!!!!) oval dutch oven....the biggest they make....

But, being single, I can't see ever needing or using something that big, although I DO enjoy whole chickens, turkeys, lamb legs which I portion out for future meals for my freezer....

And, I could bathe in it if I lost some weight!!! ( Sarcasm!!!!).

They are on You Tube too...maybe one day...but that price it TOO scary....almost a half year of food for me!!  (675.00)!!!!.

I'm a crazy lady . I have no kids or spouse, and too much time on my hands! 

Just a note....Staub makes beautiful "shaped" items in enamelled cast iron, like pumpkins, artichokes, tomatoes, and my current fave, the highly sought after 5 qt chicken rooster hen roaster ( Ebay description if you want to look it up in the SOLD listings!!) .

When they hit Ebay, they last about an hour. I found them quite by accident when looking at other Le Creuset items one day. Williams Sonona sold them years ago. They and the other shaped items are unusual but not practical for cooking, and no one seemed to ever use those chicken roasters....all the ones offered I've seen are in brand new condition...!

Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Cool Mint and Cassis may be "retired" but check out the SOLD listings on Ebay....they are sought after and still popular....especially the Cassis!!!

I like Le Creuset and Staub not only for cooking, but the items LOOK so gorgeous in the kitchen! And when you serve food from them!!!

I live alone and it's crazy but everyone collects something. I enjoy this right now. I guess it's like those folks who buy 7000 sets of Lock in Lock!!!

I just switch them out from time to time for use. 

My "dream" Le Creuset is the "goose pot"  (FIFTEEN AND A HALF QUARTS YIKES!!!!) oval dutch oven....the biggest they make....

But, being single, I can't see ever needing or using something that big, although I DO enjoy whole chickens, turkeys, lamb legs which I portion out for future meals for my freezer....

And, I could bathe in it if I lost some weight!!! ( Sarcasm!!!!).

They are on You Tube too...maybe one day...but that price it TOO scary....almost a half year of food for me!!  (675.00)!!!!.

I'm a crazy lady . I have no kids or spouse, and too much time on my hands! 

Just a note....Staub makes beautiful "shaped" items in enamelled cast iron, like pumpkins, artichokes, tomatoes, and my current fave, the highly sought after 5 qt chicken rooster hen roaster ( Ebay description if you want to look it up in the SOLD listings!!) .

When they hit Ebay, they last about an hour. I found them quite by accident when looking at other Le Creuset items one day. Williams Sonona sold them years ago. They and the other shaped items are unusual but not practical for cooking, and no one seemed to ever use those chicken roasters....all the ones offered I've seen are in brand new condition...!

There are definitely collectors who have their colors and will stop at nothing to get them. I don't have that much perseverance or cash to do that. If per chance I ever find a Hudson Bay DO, my collection will really be complete. I do need to sell some enameled cast iron though. I own 2 Staub Pumpkins and 1 grenadine tomato. They cook great and are easy to clean. On a side note, got the Hexclad skillet and stir fry set from Costco and recommend it highly. 

Respected Contributor
Thank you all for the input! I think I’m going to go for the oyster. Interesting that Waking Dream said the Provence was retired. I thought the Q said it was new. I guess it was new to the Q! And the cool mint was discontinued too? Yet the Q said it’s new and exclusive. Is the Q selling old stock as new? Weird.