Trusted Contributor

Anyone know the TSV?

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

22nd - Le Creuset French Cookware 3.5QT Classic Cast Iron Braiser with Cast Iron Lid under $230!

Trusted Contributor

Thank YouCat Very Happy

I bought the 5qt from Nordstom about 15 yrs ago, still beautiful! A few years ago I started thinking the 3.5 would be great to have....I'll see the price and decide.

Wish it was a 5.5qt round dutch, I'm waiting for LC to bring back pink on their site!

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

Trusted Contributor

OOPS! I saw you listed the price, It's great!!Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 @cjm61 

The last (and I DO mean last) 2 Le Creuset specials I ordered from QVC the first was "lost" or never shipped somewhere along the way and the second was packed with NO packing between the lid and the pot.  Of course back it went.

Never again--lots of bad reviews.  I'd check Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma and Amazon plus call several LC outlet stores first.

Just my experiences.  Good luck

Valued Contributor

I bought  that small Dutch oven from qvc when it was a TSV- It was terrible! No matter what I cooked in it- it would stick. I honestly think that the Le Creuset items that qvc sells is not the same quality as sold at other places.  I also ordered the 2 pieces of frying pans, they both stick, no matter what I cook in it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Glitter51 

@Glitter51 wrote:

I bought  that small Dutch oven from qvc when it was a TSV- It was terrible! No matter what I cooked in it- it would stick. I honestly think that the Le Creuset items that qvc sells is not the same quality as sold at other places.  I also ordered the 2 pieces of frying pans, they both stick, no matter what I cook in it.  

I have to side with the Q on this one from my exxperience. Years ago, at least 25, I brought a complete set of all of this item.  Of course they were a lot cheaper, but still very expensive.  I brought them at the once called Emporium.

They have always sticked. 

I kept the big pot and a couple of the smaller ones and gave the rest to my son, who is a great cook, and he doesn't like them either.  I use the big one for soups or gravy, but they all stick.  I don't think it's just the Q.  They are over priced.

Honored Contributor

I think people have gotten so used to cooking with non-stick cookware that they don't know how to use something that isn't non stick.

As far as regular (not non-stick) cookware goes, LC is pretty easy to both use and clean.  

Trusted Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

@Glitter51 What were you cooking that was sticking in the pans?   I use Le Creuset enamel cast iron every single day with no issues.  All 8 were purchased from QVC - Is there food stuck in the pan after cooking - Yes.  Am I still able to get the pan clean - Yes.  I never cook eggs in my Le Creuset.  The trick is cooking on a lower heat which may take longer.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV

[ Edited ]

This Braiser pan seems similar (at least the bottom) to the Buffet pan that I got from the Q 2 years ago and use A LOT!

-Solar Smiley Happy