Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Jtdmum - In case it matters, the shamrock pot is actually a different color from this new emerald shade—it is darker overall and has less variegation among hues.

@loriqvc I love that pan- I think it could be pink and I'd still love it. 

Thanks for pointing that out.  I have so many pans.  I've given out a ton of them and still have so many.  I just can't justify another pan, esp one that is $200+ (but if I hit that lottery and build another house it's mine!)

Honored Contributor

I don't know why the Q insists on reinventing the wheel with these TSVs.  Making the top into another pan renders the lid useless IMO.  It is very difficult to remove the heavy lid when it is hot if there is no knob to grab.

Dumb design.

Trusted Contributor

@IQ2DOU wrote:

Yes, I do find it cumbersome.  I really do love LeCreuset, but I am NOT going to order it for that reason.  I have (too) 😊 many pieces of LeCreuset, including an oval 4.5 quart dutch oven with a grill pan lid that has a double handled lid.  I rarely use it because it takes two hands to lift the lid.  I prefer to lift the lid with one hand and taste, season or stir with the other.  It cooks great, but I don’t like the annoyance of using two hands to lift the lid and then find a place to set it down before I can attend to the contents.

Just something for you to consider, QVC just put the STAUB 4.5 quart dutch oven on clearance for approx. $119, plus free S&H.  QVC still has many colors in stock.  In fact, I just ordered the STAUB item instead of this upcoming LeCreuset TSV.  I chose this STAUB and 2 other STAUB pieces in a color that would compliment the many LeCreuset pieces I have.  Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either brand.  I cannot see any difference in performance.  Both brands are made in France.  In this case, the upcoming LeCreuset TSV and the STAUB clearance priced dutch oven both hold 4.5 quarts.  The STAUB one just suits my cooking preferences better.  I also already have a LeCreuset braiser which could serve the same purpose as the lid on the upcoming LeCreuset TSV.  And, I highly doubt the LeCreuset will be any less than the STAUB clearance price.  Take a look at the STAUB.  It seems like a great value to me.

Hope this helps.

Totally agree with your assessment.  I would not buy this either for the very reasons you have mentioned.  I do love that emerald green, however.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@skittles2 - David just shared a sneak peek of the TSV; it will be a 4.25-qt Dutch oven with a two-handled skillet/baker lid (the center item in the photo). A new color exclusive to QVC, emerald, is debuting as part of the TSV.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

ETA: Just to clarify, they called the lid a skillet or baker, but it does not have grill lines on it—it is smooth across the bottom on the inside.

Hi loriqvc, thank you very much!  Looks great. I'm going to check the colors and give it a try.

Thanks againCat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

@Labby mom wrote:

thank you so much for the Le Creuset TSV info!  I love LC and have been anxious to know the item.  It looks good, that new green is pretty!

Love your name, I'm a corgimom too!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I don't need that particular piece, but the color was a good choice.  My other pieces are the palm color. If I'm seeing it correctly, I think the emerald will coordinate nicely with my palm.  I'd better not watch the presentation.

cfde51c0efc0932a3ae59aa737acf615_news-from-ireland-latest-irish-news-today-fm-monkey-emoji-clipart_800-766.jpeg

HAHA, I'm covering too, but my fingers are spread really wide.

Trusted Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

They are showing a shamrock 2 qt online in this emerald color.  So cute !  I can't watch.  I need a LC intervention!

Haha, me too, LC is my kryptoniteCat Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

ahhhh, gee, I need to step away from my laptop, overboard posting, Cat SurprisedCat LOL

Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

Nope.  I wouldn't buy it with that lid the way it is.  I have an oval one and. never use it.