Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I also enjoy cooking.  Years ago I tried a few food items from  QVC and none were very good.  I agree that nowdays no one cooks--it's drive through or having prepared food delivered to home.  I can prepare food that I like, meets my dietary needs and is less expensive.   It's only me and today I'm making a big pot of pasta sauce and will freeze some for future meals.    I enjoy doing it.

Honored Contributor

June 9th , 2019

Show doesn't look like today gonna be very good either.

Food and air conditioners.

Respected Contributor

Re: Last night ITKWD show

[ Edited ]

Is it too dark a thought to think we cooks are a dying breed?   I remember when Costco had lots of cookbooks laid out, now just a few and most of those are paleo-related.  Most new cookbooks need to have a gimmick of some kind.  Same with appliances.

I'd hate to be a young person wanting to learn to cook because they're pretty much on their own, mom may not know a lot, grandma may be gone.  I'd love to see what this landscape looks like in another 20 years.

QVC made a major mistake in letting Meredith go, such a short sighted business decision for the quick "we have these colors".

Honored Contributor

I can't believe they still don't have the NInja Foodi in colors. Sold thru the 6 qt ones at a riduclous high price, but, attracted the ones who wanted easy pay and just in black.

I went on David's Facebook page month ago he said "it's coming" if it is

it must be a secret because I watch his Facebook and QVC and HSN like a hawk and never have seen it.

Why I just went and bought one from B& B month ago

Honored Contributor

vacumns too, I guess    LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Gives us some free time to go make lunch lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, I understand that the Q wants to promote the TSV when David is on because he has such a large viewing audience, but showing a long AIR CONDITIONER presentation TWICE in a three-hour kitchen show is utterly ridiculous. I sometimes tune in and tune out depending on what is being shown, but I'm definitely done for the day now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Last night ITKWD show

[ Edited ]

Should be called "in the garage with David".

I feel bad for the folks who may be looking for these items never suspecting to see them in the Kitchen presentation. Misleading.

Guess if we tune in to macho related items show with Dan we will then, see, actual kitchen items. Reverse psychology

LOL

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@SharkE Gives us some free time to go make lunch lol.  

Yeah, like a commercial break. I switched over and watched a Lifetime movie and flipped back and forth never missed nothing.

Now, it's fried chicken to be sent out. Guess people don't know how to fry a chicken or go to KFC

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE - I do have to say that the Heartland Fresh chicken is really good; I even get it on auto-delivery (and it's the only thing I do). I love cooking and can certainly make breaded chicken cutlets myself, but this is a high-quality product that is tasty and very convenient, especially when there are only a couple of mouths to feed and all the effort seems less worthwhile. I wish it were a bit cheaper, but I started my A-D at a great price, so I pay a lot less than what is offered even on some of the One Day Only deals.