Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom @My son cooks extra to freeze and sauces them like corkys to warm in oven or bbq...might help a bit with time saving

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last night ITKWD show

[ Edited ]

@dex 

I also noticed how thin many of the hosts have gotten - overnight. They're probably sent to those spas where the food is prepared for them. I'm also sure there's lots of nips and tucks. With HD-TV u really have to look good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc 

I'm old and for many years, I've been using that small metal tool with the pointed tip to open all jars. Below the tip, there's an outline - that opens all bottle caps. Probably costs $1.00. Very easy to use.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@dex wrote:

@SharkE @I looked in a couple of times..like you said food and drink but mark Charles was there for the billionth time with his can opener...sorry you missed it.

@dex @SharkE 

Woman Surprised  OH NO!!!!!  Woman Sad  I MISSED the can opener?????  Woman Wink

@Sooner - It's worse than you think: It was the combo set with the can opener AND the jar opener! My condolences. Smiley Wink

Woman Surprised  I almost wish I didn't know!  LOL!!!  GOOD one @loriqvc 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435  I have the can opener, but haven't really used it.  Have it in case my electric can opener stops working.  I really love the jar opener.  If you tighten it really tight it takes very little strength to turn it and the lid pops off easily.   I really need it and use it several times a week.  I open more jars than cans now.   I bought mine separately so this is a better deal unless they have made them a "cheaper" version that isn't as sturdy.  Hope you like the set.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Daysdee Thank you for the endorsement.  Always nice to hear the opinion of someone who has already purchased something.  I'm sure I will use it many times a week.

When my dear significant other is not available to wrestle a jar open I resort to the use of a lobster cracker, which is hardly ideal.

Best,

aroc3435 

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 - I've had my Kuhn Rikon can opener since 2010 and still love it. I've actually converted more than half of my family members and many of my friends to this opener after they've realized how nice it is not to have super-sharp lid edges to deal with and especially when they see how gross those old-style can openers can get. It's one of those items that seems silly when it's included in those smorgasbord holiday gift shows at the Q, but I've given away at least eight of 'em. I hope you enjoy yours!

Honored Contributor

I actually ordered something from last night’s show although I didn’t watch the show.  I ordered from the website, and I didn’t order ribs or wine.  

I think many more buyers don’t watch live these days.  We check out items recently aired and watch the videos of the things that interest us.  Saves me a lot of time 

Respected Contributor

He said that he is doing it with hard boiled eggs, and another vendor I think it was Jeremy Parker mentioned that also.

Respected Contributor

I have that jar opener only I was lucky to receive mine in Black with little white poka-dots. I finally got it to work for me and I really like it. But I would be happy if "Little Bunny Can-opener " would make a return. Best canopener I ever purchased and it so cute . Especially the brown one I purchased.I purchased it at Easter that year.