Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Bandwife23 @I did notice Mark is looking much slimmer.It seems that the Q hosts and vendors have a secret for weight loss that works.I have noticed many looking much more fit.I wish they would market their weight loss secrets to the rest of us as well as the food and wine.

I may know the secret:  It's called the "You're out if you don't lose weight" diet.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@dex wrote:

@SharkE @I looked in a couple of times..like you said food and drink but mark Charles was there for the billionth time with his can opener...sorry you missed it.

@dex @SharkE 

Woman Surprised  OH NO!!!!!  Woman Sad  I MISSED the can opener?????  Woman Wink

@Sooner - It's worse than you think: It was the combo set with the can opener AND the jar opener! My condolences. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I totally agree!  I would check in during commercials of another show and repeatedly saw ribs, wine and rolly-eyes.

Methinks DV needs to go off to more kitchen product conventions and come up with something NEW.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@dex    I watched the show last night, as I usually do, and have been wanting the combo opener set that Mark Charles pitched last night and went online and ordered it since prior to this I've seen it but forgotten to order.

So there must still be enough viewers who watch these shows and order because sometimes I still miss out even though I have my laptop "fired up" and ready to go to order when I'm watching Q.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 @I hope you love that set.I have a similar can opener that works well.My DH still serves as jar opener around here.I wasn’t trying to be insulting... but it is hard to tell without voice tone and body language.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  I actually thought it was better than usual last night. To each his own, I guess. Granted, we switched back and forth with some D-Day Eve events, and I was texting with my family quite a bit. However, I was tempted by the ribs! If my DH would agree, I'd try them. The only problem is we have a smoker and make darn good ribs. But they take forever! I think we like to tune in to David because it isn't our day of non-stop work, tension and deadlines; and, it isn't politics; and, it isn't another Chip and Joanna rerun; and, we might learn something while we're "shopping."

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom @I have had those ribs and they don’t come close to my sons home smoked ribs.He buys baby backs at sams and trims them well,gets rid of the membrane and loads them with rub.Then into the electric smoker for about 4 hours.I bet yours are far superior to Corkys too.

Respected Contributor

@dex   No, no worries.  Did not take your post the wrong way.  As you say, it is often difficult to interpret  a person's intention without the clues you mention that don't exist in cyberspace.

I did have this can opener from the Q before and loved it, but it got lost in my move to DC so in desperation I bought the more typical type that rusts from a supermarket when I first discovered I had NO opener at all.  

My significant other does open jars for me but he goes to bed much earlier and sometimes my cooking marathons start late at night when he is not underfoot.  He is a cookie monster type when I'm baking!

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 @I think your significant other must love to wake up to some fresh baked treats...happy surprise.My dh is avoiding sugar so doesn’t want any baking and although I don’t need sugar either if there is something homemade,I just can’t leave it alone...so not much baking these days.I need some grandkids to bake for and then I could sneak and eat some For quality control.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex Well, that's good to know. And, yes; the ribs we smoke are the best. But, I was hoping for a shortcut for when we have 15 people at our house for the family August "vacation!"