Respected Contributor

Re: Landie's Candies Stuffed Pretzels

I haven't heard anyone with complaints of ants. I ordered last Christmas and they were wonderful. I'm expecting an order now, so I sure hope critters didn't come along for the ride. 

Honored Contributor

@nabru071 wrote:

Foxee, I've heard UPS and Fed Ex don't clean the back of their trucks very often. But I'm assuming they may have come from Landis factory, etc. 

UNFAIR assumption @nabru071 

They could have come from the hub of your delivery service etc just as easily.  The hubs are massive warehouses transferring packages....Or come from any dirty truck delivering.

Landies is in Buffalo, it is COLD ....chocolate is kept cold in the factory...not 'ant' environment.

All Landies are individually bagged.

Super Contributor

@nabru071   I once bought a chocolate bar with nuts.  Decided one night to eat it. I went to my refrig and took a piece of it and sat down in the living room and took a bite.   I noticed some movement on top of the bar due to the light coming from the tv.    So I went back to the refrig and reopened the bar and there was larve  in the bar that supposedly lived within the nuts that was in the bar.  I then shipped the bar back to the company via fed exp.  In two days, I recd a a letter from the company with a lot of coupons.  Funny I went back to the grocery store and noticed all their candy under this brand  had been removed.  This was before cells phones, internet had been created.  How did it taste you may ask?  I wouldn't even had noticed the larvae until I went back to the refrig if the light from the tv wasn't on.  I also ordered the same landies stuffed pretzels and the item has been sitting in the shipping dept since Dec 4th and suppose to arrive on the 15th.  I wasn't expecting the shipment to take so long to get here so   I wonder if I will recv any surprises!

Frequent Contributor

I received my order and it was perfect. Pretzels are delicious.
Respected Contributor

I just know my order arrived just fine. Nothing crawling within the outer box, nothing crawling within the inner box, nothing crawling with the pretzels.

So I went and read reviews for several of their products, since certainly if there was an ant problem it would be mentioned in a review. No complaints about ants.

I have to think your friend had the misfortune of something occurring during delivery. Thank goodness QVC quickly refunds or replaces when something like that happens.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

RespctLife,  I realize that no one really knows where they came from  was it at a UPS warehouse (hub) or possibly a QVC warehouse ( because I'm sure this time of year QVC places lots of orders for food items  and may stores them in a warehouse someplace where they have items store. Who knows. But someone has a ant problem.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine arrived in perfect condition.  I once had a dog food delivery (huge sack of dried dog food) and it sat by my front door for a few hours before I got home from work.  By the time I picked it up, some food was spilling out and ants were on it.  I feel certain that those were MY ants from the yard.  The sack must have been thrown in the deilvery process causing a tear in the package, and the ants moved in and made a feast from the contents that were exposed. I did not blame it on the dog food maker.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t know what happened here with ants, but I think a lot of times it is buyer’s regret. They order these expensive items, and then regret it.  

Honored Contributor

@nabru071 wrote:

RespctLife,  I realize that no one really knows where they came from  was it at a UPS warehouse (hub) or possibly a QVC warehouse ( because I'm sure this time of year QVC places lots of orders for food items  and may stores them in a warehouse someplace where they have items store. Who knows. But someone has a ant problem.

@nabru071 

ALL Landies orders ship directly from their own Buffalo factory.  They are not stored at a QVC factory or warehouse.

They will be transferred all over by all different shipping companies.

It is quite possible if the pkg was left outside, on her porch etc, that SHE has the ant problem !   LOL

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respectlife, The person lives in a apartment complex and packages are left inside by the apt door, I was at this person  apt when the pretzels arrived and got them a few seconds after UPS delivered them the halls and lobby of this apt complex are cleaned every morning.  BTW, I've never heard of Landies Candies until the person ordered them, manny2, there person cancelled this order but it wasn't cancelled.